+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Processing time after biometrics - 2020

Sukh713

Jan 24, 2019
Anyone got PR confirmation?? Or anyone you know got PR approval?? And if yes please share the timeline and specially if someone got their PR approval within 6 months after applying please share your timeline. Thanks

NewAspire

Sep 22, 2017
Canada
My Application was submitted on March 21st CEC inland
Biometrics done and updated in portal - October 26th, 2020

However, My GCMS notes says biometrics not yet updated.
Called IRCC even he said waiting for biometrics, criminality in-progress.

in my opinion, people who gave biometrics between Sep 2020 to Dec 2020 either their records are missing or Service Canada not uploaded them in IRCC database. I suspect, this is the primary root cause for all the applications being delayed for AOR: NOV 2019 to May 2020 applications

there is a clear glitch between IRCC and Service Canada. What can we do to solve this problem, I called service canada multiple times but they said we already shared the details with IRCC and IRCC says we didn’t received your finger prints.. where is the gap???

Sumit4

Jun 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,
VFS in India are not taking biometrics request. Should I wait for them to open? Does CIC put application on hold until biometrics is received?
Thank you
Hello Everyone,
VFS in India are not taking biometrics request. Should I wait for them to open? Does CIC put application on hold until biometrics is received?
Thank you
Hey man. I am in same boat. Have you figured out any thing
Pls reply

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
My Application was submitted on March 21st CEC inland
Biometrics done and updated in portal - October 26th, 2020

However, My GCMS notes says biometrics not yet updated.
Called IRCC even he said waiting for biometrics, criminality in-progress.

in my opinion, people who gave biometrics between Sep 2020 to Dec 2020 either their records are missing or Service Canada not uploaded them in IRCC database. I suspect, this is the primary root cause for all the applications being delayed for AOR: NOV 2019 to May 2020 applications

there is a clear glitch between IRCC and Service Canada. What can we do to solve this problem, I called service canada multiple times but they said we already shared the details with IRCC and IRCC says we didn’t received your finger prints.. where is the gap???
ohh.then need to order GCMS note

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
Why would you
Progressive bar has been removed. Please do note it all on the officer what order they process the application as there is lots of backlog. Do also note currently as per the trend people getting PR are from the month between Jan - August 2020 with some exceptions getting from Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2020. So you have alot of time to wait but hopping for the best or else you can apply for BWOP.
Why would you be hopping for the best?
Jumping won't solve anything.
Rather be hoping for the best.

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Outland Applicant -
Medical Passed - 23rd Sep'2020.
My processing time of 6 months finished on 8th Feb'21. Biometrics given and updated on portal on 25th Feb'21 as prior to that VFS was closed in India. Will they taken 6 months again after biometrics to give COPR or can i expect it a bit early. My medicals are about to expire on 20th June'21... Any idea anyone out there?

jeetjadugar

Mar 6, 2021
what after biometrics for pnp?
biometric to medical test time distance for canada pr?(Paper base File)
Biometric done on 25th-Feb-2021.

ameypedrelli

Nov 18, 2020
I had the same timeline and still have had no news, have you heard anything? The waiting is painful :(
Mine everything got done on February 25th. And today I received the following email:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Economic Class – Federal Skilled Workers (EE) application.
If you are a representative, please share this important information with your clients.

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Economic Class – Federal Skilled Workers (EE) application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

This also means that we are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time. As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Economic Class – Federal Skilled Workers (EE) clients. You can still get the most current information about the status of your Economic Class – Federal Skilled Workers (EE) application by checking the ‘Details about application status’ section in your online account.

In order to provide you with the most up-to-date information about our current processing capacity, we are posting weekly updates on expected processing delays by type of application.

Keep us informed of your situation
While you wait, please contact us to let us know of any changes in your application, such as a change to your situation or contact information.

Important information about Canada’s travel restrictions due to COVID-19
To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even when your application is complete, you may not be able to travel to Canada right away. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. Visit the coronavirus disease page on the IRCC website to find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a month and no updates yet. The waiting is definitely excruciating.

Please let us know if anyone hears anything.

Regards and all the best

Amey

Reactions: Ashhorgan