+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR portal waiting for photo approval

RefugeeUkar

Sep 18, 2021
I recently got my eCOPR and photo was still in review with IRCC. Today I noticed my photo disappeared from Pr portal. It says file not uploaded. Have anyone experienced this problem?

Mgie97

Jan 27, 2023
Hello guys! Got approved Dec. 15, 2022.
Download photo and address January 3.
Until now it says "in review". I don't even have eCOPR. I'm so worried.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello guys! Got approved Dec. 15, 2022.
Download photo and address January 3.
Until now it says "in review". I don't even have eCOPR. I'm so worried.
Stop wasting mental health by worrying. You already got the golden email from IRCC stating your application is approved - on what possible grounds could they not give you COPR? They have to process 2,000 of these per business day so chill!

• Haha
Reactions: jackdepp60

grace2021

Mar 29, 2021
Totally agree with you. I had an open work permit with a valid visa to leave and come back to canada if I needed/wanted to but now I’m stuck here waiting for my Pr card to be approved and mailed to me…. It’s awful… they should do something about it. Having to apply for a PRTD outside of Canada is not a solution since it can take months to get approved, the eCoPR should be proof enough of residency. If visas are electronically linked to our passports, why can’t they do the same with our eCoPR? Beyond frustrating.
Hi. Is it not travel to Canada with visa ?

grace2021

Mar 29, 2021
I don't know why do they change our status when they cant process the PR card in a short timeline. At least with the previous temporary status, we will have our valid visa to travel in case of emergency or meet our family! This COPR is now so useless, like floating in between! Horrible system.
Hi,
May I know, is it possible to travel with valid visa when you have copr but no pr card?

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Hi,
May I know, is it possible to travel with valid visa when you have copr but no pr card?
No! When you receive CoPR (that's the day you technically become PR), your temporary resident visa (TRV) and/or work/study permits are no longer valid. You need the PR card or PRTD to enter Canada via commercial means (flight, train, bus, etc.). One exception is if you enter Canada via land border with US in a private vehicle (including a rental and as much as I know, on foot also works) where a signed CoPR is enough. So, if you're able to enter the US, you can fly into a US airport close to the Canadian border and take a taxi to cross the border. My friend did it a couple of times late last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: grace2021

grace2021

Mar 29, 2021
No! When you receive CoPR (that's the day you technically become PR), your temporary resident visa (TRV) and/or work/study permits are no longer valid. You need the PR card or PRTD to enter Canada via commercial means (flight, train, bus, etc.). One exception is if you enter Canada via land border with US in a private vehicle (including a rental and as much as I know, on foot also works) where a signed CoPR is enough. So, if you're able to enter the US, you can fly into a US airport close to the Canadian border and take a taxi to cross the border. My friend did it a couple of times late last year.
thank you. will they know that I am a PR? what if I just don't mention that i am pr

IwantPRC

Jan 26, 2023
I finally received my ecopr. Photo is still in review but my address is accepted. I downloaded my ecopr and changed my sin number and applied the health card. One question, eventhough i still have not received my pr card yet, am I permanent resident officially ? Because i changed my sin number as permanent one and applied to health card
Are you really asking this question? you said it yourself that you have received the confirmation of your PR. Did you read the eCOPR? check the section where it says Personal details and it clearly says became PR at ...... and on ..... etc

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
My portal invitation : 8th december 2022
I uploaded everthing : 9th december 2022
My eCopr and mailing address approved : 16th january 2023
My photo on the portal is still reviewing. Do you guys have an idea that how long does it take to receive pr card after getting eCopr ?
The Times came down. It was 180 days and now its 42 days. Congrats and hope we all get it soon. I keep checking my mail.

MCR2406

Feb 3, 2023
My portal invitation : 8th december 2022
I uploaded everthing : 9th december 2022
My eCopr and mailing address approved : 16th january 2023
My photo on the portal is still reviewing. Do you guys have an idea that how long does it take to receive pr card after getting eCopr ?
Did your photo get approved yet?

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi can you help me to answer my one question because you already applied it and today i want to submit my application, i filled my IMM5444e form and i clicked validate but it is not saying validated or it didn't show any barcode,Is it norma?
Thanks
@RabinJi , did you get the answer to your question?

I am planning to renew my PR card using a paper-based application. I have two questions related to the Form - "APPLICATION FOR A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD - imm5444e."

1) After validating the form using the Validate button, NO Barcode is generated... Can anyone please confirm that imm544e does not generate any barcode?

2) When I printed the validated Form, a "Print Form" button appeared on each page. Is it ok?