+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Lawyer recommendations in Ontario

growlkk

Aug 28, 2023
I am currently looking for a lawyer to assist me with my inland spousal sponsorship pr application. I have met with Ravi Jain recently who gave me a quote for $8,000 for just my permanent residence application (not including government fees). He wants an additional $1,000 for the open work permit as well. This seems really high to me but I know Ravi Jain is a well known lawyer. Does anyone have good recommendations in the GTA area? I live in hamilton but will be moving to Toronto eventually. I'm looking for someone good but less expensive. My case is fairly straightfoward but slightly complicated since my wife and I had a legal wedding without a ceremony.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am currently looking for a lawyer to assist me with my inland spousal sponsorship pr application. I have met with Ravi Jain recently who gave me a quote for $8,000 for just my permanent residence application (not including government fees). He wants an additional $1,000 for the open work permit as well. This seems really high to me but I know Ravi Jain is a well known lawyer. Does anyone have good recommendations in the GTA area? I live in hamilton but will be moving to Toronto eventually. I'm looking for someone good but less expensive. My case is fairly straightfoward but slightly complicated since my wife and I had a legal wedding without a ceremony.
You can try the owners of this forum, click on the link top of the page.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You can for sure just do it yourself and not waste money on lawyers, how about that?

I can confidently say that for probably 99% percent of any IRCC applications you don't need a lawyer. You would just literally be paying someone to tell you what forms you need to fill out and what documents you need to submit when you can figure that out on your own. You will be the one filling the forms anyway.

Anyway, I am just getting in the way of lawyers and immigration consultants of making some easy money.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Navigating through legal matters can be daunting, especially when it comes to immigration processes. I remember when my friend was looking for a lawyer in the GTA area for a similar situation. They found a great fit with a Longmont personal injury lawyer who had expertise in immigration law. While not directly in your area, reaching out to someone with a solid track record like that could be worth considering.
I remember when my friend was a poorly programmed AI who would insert vaguely plausible text to old posts just so they could include a link.