PR landing with a Canadian PR

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi guys

Would anyone know if I can do my landing with my sister who is a PR already at Vancouver international airport?

Or do we have to go through CBSA separately?

Please advise.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You can certainly bring your sister with you I don't see an issue with that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She would have to be processed on her own and then would have to come back to accompany you. If that is not possible she can always wait for you to be processed by baggage claim/exit.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
She would have to be processed on her own and then would have to come back to accompany you. If that is not possible she can always wait for you to be processed by baggage claim/exit.
So she can be with me during my landing interview with CBSA? Because I would have to get my luggage first before I can do my landing interview anyways.If that's the case, then I wouldn't be as nervous.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So she can be with me during my landing interview with CBSA? Because I would have to get my luggage first before I can do my landing interview anyways.If that's the case, then I wouldn't be as nervous.
Yes, they will let her stay with you. She can go with you to the visitor line at primary so you go through together.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Yes, they will let her stay with you. She can go with you to the visitor line at primary so you go through together.
So she can join with me at the temporary permit/visitor queue instead of joining the PR/Citizen queue? Does she need to inform CBSA of why she's not joining the PR/Citizen queue?

Thank You for your advice!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So she can join with me at the temporary permit/visitor queue instead of joining the PR/Citizen queue? Does she need to inform CBSA of why she's not joining the PR/Citizen queue?

Thank You for your advice!
Yes, she can go with you through the visitor line. You will tell the primary officer that you are landing and want your sister with you. Not a big deal.

Reactions: Wonderland_1010

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Yes, she can go with you through the visitor line. You will tell the primary officer that you are landing and want your sister with you. Not a big deal.
That's a huge relief. I wasn't sure if CBSA will let my sister join me but I hope they do because we are both adults except she's already a PR and I'm not as of yet but i do want her with me when I land as PR.

Thank You So Much!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That's a huge relief. I wasn't sure if CBSA will let my sister join me but I hope they do because we are both adults except she's already a PR and I'm not as of yet but i do want her with me when I land as PR.

Thank You So Much!!
I went through the visitor line with my partner and the CBSA officer had no issues with me being there for the landing. CBSA officers are generally pretty nice, especially for straightforward positive situations like PR landings.

Reactions: Wonderland_1010