+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing completed at Peace Arch border, no quarantine and returned to US using AVR

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
Yes, soft landing is not part of essential travel anymore. I am afraid you will be turned away and no visitors are allowed unless you have immediate family already in Canada.
Thanks! I will make my wife go to the peace arch crossing alone.

Can u also help me on other questions please?

Is the U turn still possible?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks! I will make my wife go to the peace arch crossing alone.

Can u also help me on other questions please?

Is the U turn still possible?
As few people mentioned U-turn is up to the discretion of the border officer so there is no 100% guarantee so I would suggest you make plans for 14-day quarantine.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks buddy! Appreciate ur response on monday morning:)
No problem, also there are some successful soft landings happened if COPR was issued before May 18th (dont quote me on the date), I am guessing you got your COPR before May 18th so you might have a chance of doing soft landing.

Roshwarner

Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I have two questions.

1. I did my soft landing in Canada and I’m back in the US now. I want to apply for SIN number. In the form, what should I answer for the question “Are you currently residing in Canada?”. Can it be delivered to the US address? Also, if I apply for SIN number, does that mean I also need to start filing taxes for Canada?

2. Does anyone know how to apply for a Health Card? Is it possible to apply for a health card and have it delivered to a canadian address while I’m in the US?

Appreciate all your responses.

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019

1. I did my soft landing in Canada and I’m back in the US now. I want to apply for SIN number. In the form, what should I answer for the question “Are you currently residing in Canada?”. Can it be delivered to the US address? Also, if I apply for SIN number, does that mean I also need to start filing taxes for Canada?

2. Does anyone know how to apply for a Health Card? Is it possible to apply for a health card and have it delivered to a canadian address while I’m in the US?

1. You can apply using US address, answer no to the question and provide your US address. I am not sure about filing taxes part
2. I haven't applied for health card yet

FYI - I got my SIN at my american address couple of weeks ago

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You usually don’t qualify for a health card with a short landing. There are specific residency requirements to receive healthcare in each province. These RO are different than those required to keep PR. You must be in Canada to get a card and it requires having your picture taken.

Maverick99

Jul 21, 2020
Hello All,

I completed my soft landing yesterday and all went smoothly. I have a quick question regarding applying for SIN while staying in the USA.

1) Can we provide our US address and the SIN will be shipped? Anyone who successfully got the SIN at US address?
2) Can anyone point me to the application process for SIN and details around this.

Thanks for your time :)

Reactions: Y@$h

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Hello All,

I completed my soft landing yesterday and all went smoothly. I have a quick question regarding applying for SIN while staying in the USA.

1) Can we provide our US address and the SIN will be shipped? Anyone who successfully got the SIN at US address?
2) Can anyone point me to the application process for SIN and details around this.

1. Yes, any ID (US DL, state id etc.) That confirms your mailing address works. I got mine mailed to the US recently.
2. Use the online application here https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html#online

Reactions: Maverick99

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
Hello All,

@Maverick99 Congrats for soft landing.

Could u help ans few questions?

- Did u land by air or land?

- Did u have to quaratine for 14 days or were able to turn around same day?

- were u asked any questions by US agents on why Canada travel?

- Did Canadian agents ask u if u r landing permanently or temporary? The website says temporary landing is not allowed?

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Hello All,

Hi,

Can you please tell me which address you gave for PR card. Officer told me that I will receive my PR card at my US address. Can you tell about it and they also told me to submit import goods document when I land permanently later.

naiyagupta

Jul 25, 2020
Hello All,

I completed my soft landing at Windsor Port of entry on Sep 15, 2020. I returned the same day to USA with out quarantine. The officer at Windsor border said that I apply for PR card and provide goods to follow list when I am actually ready to move to Canada permanently by informing IRCC. Does anyone has similar experience? What to do next?

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hello All,

I am new to this channel. I had few queries regarding soft landing and using AVR

I have received my COPR before March 18th 2020 and will have to do my landing process shortly . Planning to do soft landing via land Peace Arch Border. I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from October 1 2019. I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I have the F1 visa in my passport which is valid till 2021. I have two questions:

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1?
3. What happens if I complete my soft landing in canada via land border and after the processing for PR at canada border I try to enter US via AVR, and for some reason(just being extra cautious) they do not allow me to enter, can I go back to canada and continue as PR on the same day?

Please help in a lot of confusion...Thanks in advance!!!!