+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing completed at Peace Arch border, no quarantine and returned to US using AVR

nipsey

Feb 11, 2020
Kudos! You had some quarantine plans that you had to cancel or did you guys had decided to go without one?

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Thanks. Last time i went through 3 years ago, i passed through a drive through checkpoint. What do i tell them when i pass through?

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
What did you tell the Canadian border folks?
That we want to return back, the lady officer at the initial check-in was insisting on quarantine however she left it for the immigration officer to decide and he was super cool about it. He said we guys can return back

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Dude thanks a lot for your post. I actually went today itself after seeing your post and came back.

Details:
Me on h1, wife in h4 . Both are stamps expired
Peace arch crossing.
The first Canadian agent that I passed through asked whether I would go back to US or stay in Canada after confirming pr. I said I'll turn back. Then I had to park on the stalls, they tookv my docs and in 20 mins was done. I was in car all the time. He told me how to turn around for US.

On US side, at the drive through check point I told agent that my stamps were expired but had valid i797.. Handed the same. She passed me to secondary inspection building. Again I had to stay in the car and an agent came and took papers. I was transparent and told them that I had gone for confirming my Canada PR.
I was done there in 20 mins.

I drove from Seattle to peace arch border.

Shahbaz12

Jul 24, 2019
Dude thanks a lot for your post. I actually went today itself after seeing your post and came back.

Details:
Me on h1, wife in h4 . Both are stamps expired
Peace arch crossing.
The first Canadian agent that I passed through asked whether I would go back to US or stay in Canada after confirming pr. I said I'll turn back. Then I had to park on the stalls, they tookv my docs and in 20 mins was done. I was in car all the time. He told me how to turn around for US.

On US side, at the drive through check point I told agent that my stamps were expired but had valid i797.. Handed the same. She passed me to secondary inspection building. Again I had to stay in the car and an agent came and took papers. I was transparent and told them that I had gone for confirming my Canada PR.
I was done there in 20 mins.

I drove from Seattle to peace arch border.
Hi Hardik, thanks a ton for this information. Actually I am in the same boat, just wanted to ask you 1 question. Did they initiated your PR card processing? If yes, did they just told you that they did or did you receive a paper? Did you had a quarantine plan ready when u went? I have already booked with Airbnb and after reading your post I am planning to go and come back the same day without staying 14 days and planning to apply for my refund with Airbnb.

your response is highly appreciated bro, Waiting. Thanks!!

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Sure these are my answers;

They actually initiated card processing. The agent on the border told me that if I have a Canada address I can give it to him. I gave him my friends address. On forums I've read that they don't allow address unless you are residing so I was surprised. They just told me that they intitiated processing.

I went with 14 days clothes but I hadn't booked Airbnb coz I was feeling confident after this thread. I was confident that if needed I'll take Airbnb from Canadian border post

Reactions: abhishekksk