+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing completed at Peace Arch border, no quarantine and returned to US using AVR

Maverick99

Jul 21, 2020
@Maverick99 Congrats for soft landing.

Could u help ans few questions?

- Did u land by air or land?

- Did u have to quaratine for 14 days or were able to turn around same day?

- were u asked any questions by US agents on why Canada travel?

- Did Canadian agents ask u if u r landing permanently or temporary? The website says temporary landing is not allowed?
Here you go buddy

- Did u land by air or land? - Land

- Did u have to quaratine for 14 days or were able to turn around same day? - No

- were u asked any questions by US agents on why Canada travel? - Yes, I mentioned I am going to confirm my permanent residency.

- Did Canadian agents ask u if u r landing permanently or temporary? The website says temporary landing is not allowed? - I mentioned I am here to confirm my permanent residency and wish to return back to USA. They were fine with it. Though they screwed my PR address (did not put the canadian address in the system) which I need to now submit to IRCC which is a pain.

Maverick99

Jul 21, 2020
Hi,

Can you please tell me which address you gave for PR card. Officer told me that I will receive my PR card at my US address. Can you tell about it and they also told me to submit import goods document when I land permanently later.
I provided my Canadian address but for some reason the officer never put it through and it still has my primary USA address. I need to submit the change of address to IRCC so that they can send the PR card to my Canada address.

Maverick99

Jul 21, 2020
Hello All,

I am new to this channel. I had few queries regarding soft landing and using AVR

I have received my COPR before March 18th 2020 and will have to do my landing process shortly . Planning to do soft landing via land Peace Arch Border. I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from October 1 2019. I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I have the F1 visa in my passport which is valid till 2021. I have two questions:

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1?
3. What happens if I complete my soft landing in canada via land border and after the processing for PR at canada border I try to enter US via AVR, and for some reason(just being extra cautious) they do not allow me to enter, can I go back to canada and continue as PR on the same day?

Please help in a lot of confusion...Thanks in advance!!!!
I can try to answer some of your questions though I had a valid H1B stamp. Use a port that is often busy and used heavily (Peace Bridge for eg).

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired? ----- Yes.
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1? ------ I have seen multiple posts where people were able to successfully use AVR at Peace Bridge and get in. Try to find posts within this thread, but I have see no issues with AVR. Try a frequently used port if you landing via land, officers are aware of the AVR process and will not give you a hard time.
3. What happens if I complete my soft landing in canada via land border and after the processing for PR at canada border I try to enter US via AVR, and for some reason(just being extra cautious) they do not allow me to enter, can I go back to canada and continue as PR on the same day? -------Yes, you are already confirmed as PR and your soft landing will only activate it and initiate the process of having a physical PR card sent over. You should be fine don't worry and good luck :)

Reactions: rahmath8121

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hi All,

I have recently completed my landing from USA to canada and I am quarantining for 14 days in Toronto. I am planning to return to USA as soon as I complete my 14 days quarantine using AVR as I have an expired F1 visa with an approved I797 document. I am planning to take a flight from Toronto to Vancouver and then drive to Portland via Peace Arch Border where I live.Can I use the Land Border to enter USA right now as I have heard some place that we cant use land border to enter USA and only we can enter USA via flight from Canada?

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks in advance.

fredi_86

Aug 16, 2020
Hi All,

I have recently completed my landing from USA to canada and I am quarantining for 14 days in Toronto. I am planning to return to USA as soon as I complete my 14 days quarantine using AVR as I have an expired F1 visa with an approved I797 document. I am planning to take a flight from Toronto to Vancouver and then drive to Portland via Peace Arch Border where I live.Can I use the Land Border to enter USA right now as I have heard some place that we cant use land border to enter USA and only we can enter USA via flight from Canada?

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks in advance.
Did you return via Peace Arch Border?

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for the information. I have a PNP PR from Saskatchewan. So in this situation is it possible to land and return from toronto to usa.
I also have a Saskatchewan PINP and planning to fly from Charlotte and come back on AVR. Let me know how did your trip went .. are you planning to go to regina or saskatoon.

Roshwarner

Jul 6, 2020
Hello All,

I need to go to Canada in December. I did my landing in July this year using the Automatic Visa Revalidation and I was able to come back to the US without any issues. Can I use the Automatic Visa Revalidation again to go to Canada in December? Is the Automatic Visa Revalidation still permitted? How many times can we use the Automatic Visa Revalidation?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All,

I need to go to Canada in December. I did my landing in July this year using the Automatic Visa Revalidation and I was able to come back to the US without any issues. Can I use the Automatic Visa Revalidation again to go to Canada in December? Is the Automatic Visa Revalidation still permitted? How many times can we use the Automatic Visa Revalidation?
No limits on using avr.
Do you have PR card or yet to receive it? i assume that you know about traveling via road using rental/private car if you dont have PR card.

siddtox

Jul 6, 2020
No limits on using avr.
Do you have PR card or yet to receive it? i assume that you know about traveling via road using rental/private car if you dont have PR card.
@harirajmohan - Can you expand on this further "i assume that you know about traveling via road using rental/private car if you dont have PR card."

What does one need to be aware off? I am planning to travel in January 2021 via land using a rental car and I dont have my PR card yet

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@harirajmohan - Can you expand on this further "i assume that you know about traveling via road using rental/private car if you dont have PR card."

1. What does one need to be aware off? I am planning to travel in January 2021 via land using a rental car and I dont have my PR card yet
1. Canada entry: Just take your passport and COPR(landing document). You should be fine via road using rental car.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Great thanks. Any idea if you can do this multiple times or is this one time use thing?
No limits on either side for your current situation.