+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

Divya.nelluri1

Jun 2, 2020
Congrats! My PR card application was submitted on April 24, and today there was a GU on the application. Hopefully, I will get it soon too!
I noticed the processing time for first PR card just changed from 94 to 128 days as of July 14.
Hi, which office did you send it to?

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Greetings!

Sharing my update...
I received and update yesterday in my GC Key account saying my PR card application has been approved and that i just have to wait for the card in the mail.

We send our COPR and Photo on the 3rd week of May. I was able to link my application but i wasn't successful in linking my wife's application.

Hopefully, you will get yours too soon.

Cheers
Update...
Just received my PR Card from the mail today. Good luck everyone!

Cheers...

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello @cjas - was it below address, also is there any way to confirm the receipt of the application as such?

1025 rue st-jacques montréal (québec) h3c 1g8
Yes, that's the correct address.
Aside from linking your PR card application to your CIC account, I don't know any other way to know its status in real time.
I emailed the Montreal office, and their answer was "we cannot confirm the reception of documents because the office is closed or working at reduced capacity".

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Yes, that's the correct address.
Aside from linking your PR card application to your CIC account, I don't know any other way to know its status in real time.
I emailed the Montreal office, and their answer was "we cannot confirm the reception of documents because the office is closed or working at reduced capacity".
Thank you @cjas , exactly same here! CIC linked and will not get receipt confirmation given mentioned reasons. My worry is, my COPR will expire soon now.

Reactions: cjas

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi @Dsgfire .. I did some additional research and looks like I don't have the option of travelling unless I receive the PR card physically. The PR Card + Photo Identity is as good as PR Card for all domestic purposes other than travel outside Canada. In the confirmation letter received it is clearly written that we need a Permanent Resident Travel Document if we leave Canada without a PR card and wish to return back. I misinterpreted the wordings of the letter and thought we can apply before travelling. However the fact is that one first has to leave the country (if he has to) and then apply for the Travel document at the visa office in the travelling country. This sounds like a bit of a risk in current circumstances. I'll need to be patient and wait for the card or cancel the tickets if the card does not come. :(
Hi There, did you get any update on your PR card ?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
As far as I know, quite a few people have recetly landed as a permanent resident over the phone.
Hey how are long time no see on here