+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

ttttttttt

Jun 4, 2020
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the OHIP after you receive the confirmation of permanent residence email.

I already applied for the SIN number online right away when I got the email. The OHIP I currently have is under my post-graduation work permit.
I was wondering how the process is in this case, do I need to apply for a new OHIP or just for a change of status (same as for SIN number).
If anyone has any info about it, it will be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
Hi, you probably have to go to ServiceOntario Head Office to renew your health card because your immigration status is PR. The version code will be different.
In my case, I can't renew online and the branch can't renew for me.

Reactions: bela2472

Eshwarkp79

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi Guys. I just noticed that I can't log in to my CRA account. I applied for SIN number on June 16th as I received the PR confirmation email but I have not received the new SIN in my mailbox. Has this happened for anyone?
In my case, I tried to login to CRA account (old) once I received the new SIN and I couldn't login. So I called CRA customer care and agent mentioned that I need to re-register with new SIN number. So I did re-register with new SIN and it worked.
I could also see my previous years assessments and all.. so once the New SIN assigned, you also try the same and it may work.

Reactions: fara81

Eshwarkp79

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi, you probably have to go to ServiceOntario Head Office to renew your health card because your immigration status is PR. The version code will be different.
In my case, I can't renew online and the branch can't renew for me.
Just go to Service Ontario and show the PR confirmation letter. Agent will process and provide new health card.
It is not mandatory to switch the health card from temp to perm if the existing Health card validity is more than three months. If the existing one expiring within three months, go and show the PR confirmation and you will receive the new health card with 'Permanent status'.
Hope this is clear :)

nima.mdi

Jun 19, 2020
Hi guys,

I received the confirmation email this week and I sent the COPR with a pic to the address they had provided. The mail has not been delivered yet. do they start the PR Card application as soon as they receive it or when they send the confirmation email? Cause I have a problem linking the PR card application to my account. I cant find it... Any suggestions?

nima.mdi

Jun 19, 2020
1: link new application
2: pr card application
3: select uci and given name
4: put uci number and your name
5: city/town of birth(make sure you put your CITY,PROVINCE/STATE) all in capitals and your complete city and province name dont put as on your COPR
6: country
7: date on your ECAS when you became PR
8: country
9: marital status

make sure you do put your city and province of birth that’s a little tricky one.
Thanks for your help. by the date on ECAS you mean the date on the application status page that says the final decision was made? or I should use the date when I recieved the confirmation of PR email?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I received the confirmation email this week and I sent the COPR with a pic to the address they had provided. The mail has not been delivered yet. do they start the PR Card application as soon as they receive it or when they send the confirmation email? Cause I have a problem linking the PR card application to my account. I cant find it... Any suggestions?
Hi @nima.mdi When your application was approved (or at east DM in your ECAS profile)?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
No, I didn't. Is this the main office? In my GCMS notes it says that the primary office is the centralized intake office, so not sure to where I should address. I sent several webforms but I always got the same generic answer...

Sukhmmaann

Jun 22, 2020
Just go to Service Ontario and show the PR confirmation letter. Agent will process and provide new health card.
It is not mandatory to switch the health card from temp to perm if the existing Health card validity is more than three months. If the existing one expiring within three months, go and show the PR confirmation and you will receive the new health card with 'Permanent status'.
Hope this is clear :)
Hi
Do they take new picture for health card or they process the old one?

Sukhmmaann

Jun 22, 2020
Thanks for your help. by the date on ECAS you mean the date on the application status page that says the final decision was made? or I should use the date when I recieved the confirmation of PR email?
When you login to ECAS there should be a date of landing or you can try the date in your email confirmation attachment. If it doesn’t work than you have to do with ECAS only