+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

Eshwarkp79

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I received the confirmation email this week and I sent the COPR with a pic to the address they had provided. The mail has not been delivered yet. do they start the PR Card application as soon as they receive it or when they send the confirmation email? Cause I have a problem linking the PR card application to my account. I cant find it... Any suggestions?
I see the PR card application received date is landing date. That means, PR card processing officially starts on the landing date only and not after they receive the COPR document.

nima.mdi

Jun 19, 2020
Also is the SIN number application straight forward?
No, I didn't. Is this the main office? In my GCMS notes it says that the primary office is the centralized intake office, so not sure to where I should address. I sent several webforms but I always got the same generic answer...
are you inside Canada? you still havent received the COPR document? or you are waiting for landing?

nima.mdi

Jun 19, 2020
I see the PR card application received date is landing date. That means, PR card processing officially starts on the landing date only and not after they receive the COPR document.
Thanks! how did you link it to your account? why cant i find the application?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi Guys. I just noticed that I can't log in to my CRA account. I applied for SIN number on June 16th as I received the PR confirmation email but I have not received the new SIN in my mailbox. Has this happened for anyone?
You have to re-register with new SIN. I called CRA, and the agent sent by email a security code for registration. All the history from previous SIN is transferred.

Reactions: fara81

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks! how did you link it to your account? why cant i find the application?
That's right. The start date of PR card application is the same of PR landing email.

When linking your application, make sure to use the same spelling for place of birth from your CoPR. They differentiate capital letters, and sometimes you have to add a state or province abbreviations, e.g. "TORONTO/ON", or "Toronto/ON"

bela2472

Jun 7, 2020
Hi, you probably have to go to ServiceOntario Head Office to renew your health card because your immigration status is PR. The version code will be different.
In my case, I can't renew online and the branch can't renew for me.
Thanks for your help!

Gurpreet17

Jun 12, 2019
I applied 5 times for SIN update and always cancelled
I talked to SIN agent he said your COPR is unsigned so it is not valid and tell immigration office to send signed COPR document
I called immigration office they said we cant send you signed COPR
WTF
What do i do now

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I applied 5 times for SIN update and always cancelled
I talked to SIN agent he said your COPR is unsigned so it is not valid and tell immigration office to send signed COPR document
I called immigration office they said we cant send you signed COPR
WTF
What do i do now
Did you try explaining through a LoE, or simply adding the PR landing letter, to give the reason why the CoPR isn't signed?
I applied online for a change of SIN status, and submitted my passport, CoPR (unsigned), and PR landing letter. I received a letter with new SIN by mail in 8 days.