+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I am in the same situation as you. what is the expiry date on your COPR? Mine is Oct. Did you send an email to

WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca
This for Vancouver IRCC local office (got this info from my resources)
I am in Vancouver and I contacted this email before. Unfortunately, this is NOT the email for general landing enquiries. This is their response:

Welcome to IRCC Vancouver
***This is an automated message to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail. Please do not reply.***

Thank you for your e-mail. You will not receive a reply.

In order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, all in-person appointments with an IRCC official are cancelled until further notice.
Please note, we are unable to accommodate urgent requests or requests for specific dates/times.

To receive up-to-date information regarding IRCC's response to COVID-19, please refer to the following link. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

For communication with IRCC please refer to the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

1148 Hornby Street - 1148, rue Hornby

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver C.B. V6Z 2C3

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
Hello,
Has anyone used the following documents to update their SIN?
Primary document: Confirmation letter (No Copr)
secondary doc: International passport
Lastly: phone bill.

I used this but got a letter stating essential document was missing. Any suggestion? Is that they are not accepting the confirmation letter. I dont have COPR, I only have the confirmation sent via email.

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
Hello, sorry for the late response.

The documents I used are my passport, phone bill, and the PR confirmation letter (instead of CoPR).
I used the following, except i added my passport to the confirmation letter as one document,secondary doc, i used my driver's license and lastly my phone bill. Could you give more insight? Thanks

caq

Apr 24, 2019
Hello,
Has anyone used the following documents to update their SIN?
Primary document: Confirmation letter (No Copr)
secondary doc: International passport
Lastly: phone bill.

I used this but got a letter stating essential document was missing. Any suggestion? Is that they are not accepting the confirmation letter. I dont have COPR, I only have the confirmation sent via email.
Hi,
I got a similar letter in mail 3-4 weeks after I applied. I called the CIN number centre (which is in the letter) and they had no idea what had happened.
Maybe the officer who worked on our file didn't know about the new way of PR application?! I applied again.

MannieCan

May 28, 2020
I am BC PNP applicant. Received my COPR and waiting for landing process. My nomination was approved with no employment restrictions. Can i change the employer? will it have any impact during the landing procedure?

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Hello Friends,

I am a CEC inland candidate. I am currently residing in Regina, Saskatchewan and working on a closed work permit. I have received my COPR and stamped passport on 30th April 2020. I need to do the PR Landing urgently for the job purpose. As per my knowledge, scheduling an in-person interview at an IRCC office is canceled due to COVID19. Can we do the Flagpoling to enable the PR status or this service is also closed for COVID 19? If this is closed then what is the current process to enable the PR status for CEC inland candidate. Help or guidance around this would be very appreciated.

Canadagoose358

Jul 5, 2019
I was at service ontario this morning and the staff told me that they only count PR card or official COPR letter as legitimate proof of status. Email from IRCC and printouts are not accepted for now.
So do we have to wait till we get our PR card, which is taking forever, to apply for OHIP?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
There are two independent threads for discussing SIN and OHIP applicants. Very useful information is availability there.

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I got CoPR on April 30. Raised a webform and got a generic response. Sent an email to Ottawa office and they have not replied yet. Waiting to get a Phone call/PR email confirmation.
have you got a reponse from Ottawa ? i sent them an email as well, but they directed me to fill in a web form

spRaven

Dec 22, 2017
I am BC PNP applicant. Received my COPR and waiting for landing process. My nomination was approved with no employment restrictions. Can i change the employer? will it have any impact during the landing procedure?
I was BC PNP too, but my work permit was expired and I applied for Bridge to open work permit. So now i need to landing too, but i receive Open work permit and can change work. In your case, I recommend wait for you, but not sure.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I received the same stupid letter. I have no idea what their problem is.
That letter is not just ordinary letter. It is an official document. It is an " an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. ...... to prove that you are a permanent resident..... and to apply for government benefits ...... until you receive your permanent resident card. " " In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year..... "

It also has #COPR number on top. It is just like a PR card till actual PR card is received. I have read that the day count towards Citizenship start from the day this letter is received. It is only that staff in offices are not enough informed which is causing an issue. We will have to show it to them.

Reactions: renile

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
So do we have to wait till we get our PR card, which is taking forever, to apply for OHIP?
As written in above post, I believe no one has to wait for PR card now to avail any eligible Govt. facilities if the new Confirmation letter has been received.
The letter is an official doc. and it clearly states so. It is only that staff in offices are not enough informed which is causing an issue. We will have to show it to them.
In BC, due to Covid, the 3 month wait times for health cards have also been waived, and temporary residents with expired permits are also kept enrolled. This is all due to Covid, Govt. will help and no one would deny health care cards. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/msp-covid-19-response