+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Check out the previous post. Overseas dependent received PPR and I am waiting for landing instructions from local IRCC office (for myself)
My daughter had PPR already. I am supposed to bring her over last March But I cancelled my flight because of the lockdown from my country. I also ask IRCC last March to schedule me for a landing appointment to the nearest Visa office which is in Edmonton. They said I had to wait for 6 to 8 weeks. So this eight weeks pased but I never heard from them so I sent another web form and told them the situation that I need urgent processing on my landing because my visa expiration is coming anytime soon. But the response was generic and all I have to do is wait according to them

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Hi all,
Did anyone in similar situation as me(in Vancouver & No COPR/PPR,but directly got a scheduled landing interview appointment which got cancelled) get the PR confirmation email already?

Last edited:

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
My daughter had PPR already. I am supposed to bring her over last March But I cancelled my flight because of the lockdown from my country. I also ask IRCC last March to schedule me for a landing appointment to the nearest Visa office which is in Edmonton. They said I had to wait for 6 to 8 weeks. So this eight weeks pased but I never heard from them so I sent another web form and told them the situation that I need urgent processing on my landing because my visa expiration is coming anytime soon. But the response was generic and all I have to do is wait according to them
Hey i am in the same situation as i had an landing appointment booked in march and got cancelled and my depedant is overseas ..
I emailed them and received a replying saying that my dependant is overseas so they cant finalise my PR . So i guess we all have to wait who are in the same scenario..

Reactions: ELlouise

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Hey i am in the same situation as i had an landing appointment booked in march and got cancelled and my depedant is overseas ..
I emailed them and received a replying saying that my dependant is overseas so they cant finalise my PR . So i guess we all have to wait who are in the same scenario..
When is you visa expiration? Are you also currently in Edmonton?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends.. Has anyone in the Forum received their PR cards after submitting their COPR Copies through the new process (without a landing interview). Also is anyone aware of the Permanent Resident Travel Document Process (PRTD)? I intend to travel to my home country in the month of Aug but i'm not sure if my PR card would be issued by then. Can anyone advise if I need to initiate the PRTD process right now (2 Months+ in advance)?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello Friends.. Has anyone in the Forum received their PR cards after submitting their COPR Copies through the new process (without a landing interview). Also is anyone aware of the Permanent Resident Travel Document Process (PRTD)? I intend to travel to my home country in the month of Aug but i'm not sure if my PR card would be issued by then. Can anyone advise if I need to initiate the PRTD process right now (2 Months+ in advance)?
Hi @prashantpraut - fyi,I saw in one other forum that folks applied Mar/04 still waiting for the cards.

As per current timeline, it's approx. 4 months, it may be touch and go depends on your travel or if situation changes.

Reactions: prashantpraut

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi @prashantpraut - fyi,I saw in one other forum that folks applied Mar/04 still waiting for the cards.

As per current timeline, it's approx. 4 months, it may be touch and go depends on your travel or if situation changes.
Thanks @senhari2005 . Yes I think it would be wise to go ahead and apply for the travel document. I am not sure how long that process will take either.
The Permanent Resident Travel Document has a charge of $50 per person. and even if I complete the process I do not know whether I will travel given the current circumstances. But nevertheless need to take a chance and keep the document handy.

Reactions: EE12345

Dsgfire

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Thanks @senhari2005 . Yes I think it would be wise to go ahead and apply for the travel document. I am not sure how long that process will take either.
The Permanent Resident Travel Document has a charge of $50 per person. and even if I complete the process I do not know whether I will travel given the current circumstances. But nevertheless need to take a chance and keep the document handy.
Your validated CopR email with one another photo ID Is as good as PR Card.

Shayana1987

May 11, 2020
Barrie
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi ,
All this timeline helped me to stay motivated , today i got the email saying that i am permanent resident of canada .

i wish you all to receive this email.stay safe and happy all

Dsgfire

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Congrats..patterns please always try to Give full information with your first post of receiving such vital news. It’s tough to wait for your another reply for timeline..

Regards