+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Your validated CopR email with one another photo ID Is as good as PR Card.
Hi @Dsgfire .. I did some additional research and looks like I don't have the option of travelling unless I receive the PR card physically. The PR Card + Photo Identity is as good as PR Card for all domestic purposes other than travel outside Canada. In the confirmation letter received it is clearly written that we need a Permanent Resident Travel Document if we leave Canada without a PR card and wish to return back. I misinterpreted the wordings of the letter and thought we can apply before travelling. However the fact is that one first has to leave the country (if he has to) and then apply for the Travel document at the visa office in the travelling country. This sounds like a bit of a risk in current circumstances. I'll need to be patient and wait for the card or cancel the tickets if the card does not come. :(

Reactions: EE12345

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi @C.Mei.L and everyone. Finally got PR Confirmation email yesterday -25 May. The issue date on the pdf doc is 22 may. Address is IRCC Vancouver.
No telephonic interview or call from any IRCC. Just email.

Never had COPR document before. Only cancelled landing interview on Mar 27th in Vancouver. Work Permit extension was expiring 5-Aug-20.

Timeline:
AOR - May 2018. Express Entry FSW Inland.
Application was 'On Hold' since Nov 2018. This maybe because -> after collecting enough experience and points, I was no longer working in the same NOC I had applied in. Or it could be due to security screening. OR both. No one will confirm. No additional documents were ever asked except for new schedule A and Remeds.

My work permit extension also took about 6 months or more processing time. That was kept On Hold too. After several emails from local MP and my employer did I get my extension. This could be because the new jobs I was working came under NOC C level.

Remed request: Feb 2020.
Landing Interview: 27th March. Got cancelled due to Covid.
Web form sent: 8-May 2020 mentioning that my WP extension is expiring 5-Aug'20 and so if telephonic interview can be scheduled.
Reply to web form: 12-May-20 . Generic reply asking to wait. Few days before, had called IRCC to inquire. But call center agent also said to wait. Nothing special.
PR confirmation email: 25-May-20. No telephonic interview or call from any IRCC.

Hope this helps! Thanks.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Has anyone here applied for their health card in Service Ontario? Will they accept the confirmation of PR letter they sent thru our email? Cause all requirements should be original not printed. Pls share your experience here

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Hi @C.Mei.L and everyone. Finally got PR Confirmation email yesterday -25 May. The issue date on the pdf doc is 22 may. Address is IRCC Vancouver.
No telephonic interview or call from any IRCC. Just email.

Never had COPR document before. Only cancelled landing interview on Mar 27th in Vancouver. Work Permit extension was expiring 5-Aug-20.

Timeline:
AOR - May 2018. Express Entry FSW Inland.
Application was 'On Hold' since Nov 2018. This maybe because -> after collecting enough experience and points, I was no longer working in the same NOC I had applied in. Or it could be due to security screening. OR both. No one will confirm. No additional documents were ever asked except for new schedule A and Remeds.

My work permit extension also took about 6 months or more processing time. That was kept On Hold too. After several emails from local MP and my employer did I get my extension. This could be because the new jobs I was working came under NOC C level.

Remed request: Feb 2020.
Landing Interview: 27th March. Got cancelled due to Covid.
Web form sent: 8-May 2020 mentioning that my WP extension is expiring 5-Aug'20 and so if telephonic interview can be scheduled.
Reply to web form: 12-May-20 . Generic reply asking to wait. Few days before, had called IRCC to inquire. But call center agent also said to wait. Nothing special.
PR confirmation email: 25-May-20. No telephonic interview or call from any IRCC.

Hope this helps! Thanks.
Congrats! Finally you've got yours:) Hopefully mine will come soon too.

Reactions: EE12345

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Hey i am in the same situation as i had an landing appointment booked in march and got cancelled and my depedant is overseas ..
I emailed them and received a replying saying that my dependant is overseas so they cant finalise my PR . So i guess we all have to wait who are in the same scenario..
I didn’t have a landing appointment. I asked for one last Mar 18 but I am still waiting for them to
Contact me. They told me to wait for 6-8 weeks and the Visa office will call me for a schedule, sadly I received nothing.

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
I am in Ottawa and my COPR and vosa expires on 5 May and submitted a form and spoke to IRCC, nothing. Are they doing phone interviews for landing process? I am very tense and anxious. Not sure what to do. Can someone share some information
Hello, have you gotten your COPR validated yet?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents have received their passports with COPRs this Monday. As per the instructions, we have submitted webform requesting for Landing appointment (which are suspended due to COVID19).
Where should I send email requesting for Landing PR mail as reported by a few applicants? Pls share email ID. We are in GTA.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello guys,
.I have a question: Am I able to travel out and into Canada using my valid work permit ? I am already approved for PR and I have my COPR and immigration visa in hand, however PR was approved after March 18. Note: Due to Covid I havent did Flagpole to change my status from temporary worker to PR status yet. Please advise.

Dsgfire

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hello guys,
.I have a question: Am I able to travel out and into Canada using my valid work permit ? I am already approved for PR and I have my COPR and immigration visa in hand, however PR was approved after March 18. Note: Due to Covid I havent did Flagpole to change my status from temporary worker to PR status yet. Please advise.
You may travel but will Not get services for Immigration purposes Upon return if restrictions are not lifted till your return.