+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone, I applied under bc pnp and I got my PPR by 4th march and sent my passport by 6 and than received back with COPR by 28th April. I called the cic regarding my Landing papers but they said at the moment they don't know anything . Please suggest me what should I do and what is my next step ??
Hi. As per my knowledge, you can raise a web form and see what response they give. Sometimes PR email comes soon after that. At least it brings their attention. You can call the call center may be once every 10 days and see it they have any update. Sometimes even speaking with a different agent gives more or different information. Facebook group Ask Kubeir is also very good source of latest updates and information from many candidates.

erhimanshuee

Oct 4, 2018
Hi Guys,
I also received my passport and COPR yesterday. I am an inland applicant. What are my next steps for landing? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

May 13, 2020
Hi. As per my knowledge, you can raise a web form and see what response they give. Sometimes PR email comes soon after that. At least it brings their attention. You can call the call center may be once every 10 days and see it they have any update. Sometimes even speaking with a different agent gives more or different information. Facebook group Ask Kubeir is also very good source of latest updates and information from many candidates.

Hi I raised a web form last week and I got this reply ....
Good day xyz

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR,
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi I raised a web form last week and I got this reply ....
Good day xyz

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR,
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Yes, I too had raised a web form last week, and got the same above generic reply 2 days ago.

jplventurina

Sep 16, 2018
I have called cic today to inquire about landing process interview done by email or phone call. They told me that if it is an urgent matter to raise a web form if not just wait for the visa office handling your paper to call you for landing process appointment.

Reactions: EE12345

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi there and thanks.
A month after receiving the CoPR I was sent an email informing me that I would be contacted by IRCC about the next steps.
Then I received the letter above and received a call from a number in Mississauga Ontario (which I unfortunately didn't notice and I'm assuming it was IRCC to inform me of the landing process).
Thanks for your response. So it means you didn't contact IRCC yourself for landing right? Also would you mind sharing what kind of information IRCC shared with you on the phone regarding the landing?

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
How to update SIN number now?,
Is service canada is open?
You can apply online thru service canada website. You will need to provide a scanned copy of your pr confirmation letter, passport, and 1 document for proof of address. Your new sin will take about a week to be finalized.

Reactions: Gurpreet17

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I received Landing Letter by today. Quebec Inland spousal sponsorship Applicant dated 15th of October 2018
DM on both side and PR Approval letter on 4th of Feb 2020
COPR and Landing Letter on 14th of May

good luck to everyone

May 13, 2020
I received Landing Letter by today. Quebec Inland spousal sponsorship Applicant dated 15th of October 2018
DM on both side and PR Approval letter on 4th of Feb 2020
COPR and Landing Letter on 14th of May

good luck to everyone
What was the procedure for landing papers ???

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
What was the procedure for landing papers ???
I received a letter with this article
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a

commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any