+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

May 13, 2020
I received a letter with this article
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a

commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any
Did you send any web form? Or you got it by the time?

Power8

Jul 30, 2019
Thanks for your response. So it means you didn't contact IRCC yourself for landing right? Also would you mind sharing what kind of information IRCC shared with you on the phone regarding the landing?
No I didn't contact IRCC myself for the landing. I just received the confirmation letter I mentioned asking me to send them both CoPR documents signed. I did not speak to IRCC, what I meant is that I received a call from Mississuaga Ontario on the same day my letter was received but I missed the call. It may or may not have been them.

Maybe someone here can tell us whether they received the confirmation letter AND and a follow up call?

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Did you send any web form? Or you got it by the time?
I made a call 3 weeks before, then called again and learned that IRCC Montreal office responsed to agent that, I should wait because of COVID 19
Then I raised a webform as well as Feedback form with my complaints. Then I received e mail.
Not sure beacuse of line up comes to me or raising webform but I would not regret to insist especially for overtime responses

Haida

May 15, 2020
I was scheduled for landing appointment in Edmonton on March, 17, 2020 but due to Covid 19 it was cancelled. I sent multiple emails without any response from IRCC. I raised a webform 3 weeks ago and they replied 2 weeks ago. They sent an urgent request to Edmonton office to validate my PR. Till now I did not hear anything. Any clues about Edmonton office processing? Would it be helpful to send another urgent request through the webform?

Reactions: ELlouise

jay01

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Passport received in Ottawa: Mar 30, 2020
Return tracker activated: May 13, 2020
Passport with COPR: May 14, 2020

I am just wondering we have received passport with 2 copies of COPR. Letter says congratulations we have approved your permanent resident but no further instruction what to do for landing interview. Can somebody advise me that how to book an appointment at Saskatoon office. Help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: may2019

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
Passport received in Ottawa: Mar 30, 2020
Return tracker activated: May 13, 2020
Passport with COPR: May 14, 2020

I am just wondering we have received passport with 2 copies of COPR. Letter says congratulations you are permanent resident but no further instruction what to do for landing interview. Can somebody advise me that how to book an appointment at Saskatoon office. Help is greatly appreciated.
Which letter says congratulations you are permanent resident?

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
Last night I emailed Saskatoon office at 9pm and today morning at 11am I have the golden email saying you are permanent residence now.
Congrats, you are so lucky. You got passport on May 14 and got PR email today. I have CoPR from April 30 and have not got any email for PR. Did they call you before the email?

jay01

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Congrats, you are so lucky. You got passport on May 14 and got PR email today. I have CoPR from April 30 and have not got any email for PR. Did they call you before the email?
Thank you, they did not call. They just sent email that you are PR now.

Reactions: fara81

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.