+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I had raised web form about 3 days back and got generic reply today to just wait. My WP is expiring in early Aug, but thankfully the MSP website is indicating it will provide MSP during implied status i.e. while WP extension is being processed. But this aid may change anytime, no guarantee.
(https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/msp-covid-19-response)

BC province and others, are slowly easing restrictions, but no news of when VO may open. Hope they do. No definite plan of telephonic interviews.

Power8

Jul 30, 2019
Hi,

I received the PR confirmation letter today congratulating me and confirming that I am a Permanent Resident.

Quoting from the letter....

"This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) documents in-hand, please send both of them (signed) with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. Please write your current address on the Address section of your CoPR documents (both copies). You may also update your address via your myCICAccount or by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html"

I have two questions to kindly ask:

1. The above states clearly that BOTH CoPR documents need to be signed and sent by mail.
2. There is no Address section on the CoPR documents. Do I just write it down on an available space on them?

In the same letter it says....

"We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased."

Which seems to suggest that the card is being sent. How can that be if they don't have the physical photo yet?

I always find these letters confusing and contradicting in nature.

Thank you so much for your help,

Reactions: EE12345 and may2019

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020
Inland Applicant. Similar situation. No COPR or PPR.
Received email from CIC-Winnipeg on March 03 for In-person Landing Appointment on March 21 (which was originally for March 31 but they rescheduled and then later cancelled due to COVID-19)
My PR application (through PNP) has exceeded more than 2 years now. (lots of patience)
My second work permit which was for a year, expired in April and it has been 90 days since I applied for an extension.
I have not contacted them at all or heard from them since the appointment cancellation but thinking of emailing them now as they have eased lockdown in Manitoba.
Just received my PR CONFIRMATION EMAIL.

I have question:

I do not have COPR since I didn't get a PPR. Will it be mailed out to me?

This was mentioned in the letter:

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019

I have question:

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
Congrats.. Do you have any dependents outside Canada?

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014

I have question:

Plz share ur time line

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Hi,

I received the PR confirmation letter today congratulating me and confirming that I am a Permanent Resident.

"This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) documents in-hand, please send both of them (signed) with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. Please write your current address on the Address section of your CoPR documents (both copies). You may also update your address via your myCICAccount or by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html"

1. The above states clearly that BOTH CoPR documents need to be signed and sent by mail.
2. There is no Address section on the CoPR documents. Do I just write it down on an available space on them?

"We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased."

Which seems to suggest that the card is being sent. How can that be if they don't have the physical photo yet?

Plz share ur time line

Canadagoose358

Jul 5, 2019
Got my CoPR email today!!

My timeline:
AoR - 28th Dec 2019
Med passed - 21st Jan 2020
Bio-metrics done - 18th Feb 2020
Email for landing interview - 5th Mar 2020
Landing interview (cancelled) - 21st Mar 2020
CoPR email - 13th May 2020

Thanks for the help everyone provided in this forum!

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi,

Congrats! Did you raised any Webform or sent any email for landing after receiving the COPR? I am an inland applicant and have received the COPR but have no idea how to get it validated since borders are closed and IRCC is not taking any appointments.

Power8

Jul 30, 2019
Congrats! Did you raised any Webform or sent any email for landing after receiving the COPR? I am an inland applicant and have received the COPR but have no idea how to get it validated since borders are closed and IRCC is not taking any appointments.
Hi there and thanks.
A month after receiving the CoPR I was sent an email informing me that I would be contacted by IRCC about the next steps.
Then I received the letter above and received a call from a number in Mississauga Ontario (which I unfortunately didn't notice and I'm assuming it was IRCC to inform me of the landing process).

May 13, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied under bc pnp and I got my PPR by 4th march and sent my passport by 6 and than received back with COPR by 28th April. I called the cic regarding my Landing papers but they said at the moment they don't know anything . Please suggest me what should I do and what is my next step ??

IGOR_BR

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Dear All,

Good luck to all who are still waiting! Your time will come!

Reactions: cjas and EE12345

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
Dear All,

Good luck to all who are still waiting! Your time will come!
Congrats, Can you please share your timeline?Did they call you?