+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR G1 achieved and rent a car with IDP while waiting for G2 road test

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,

Today, I have passed the G1 knowledge test in Ontario as a newcomer (Permanent Resident) and since I am waiting for the road test in August 2021, I can't really stay without a car this entire period.

I have an international driving license from Egypt (obviously not an exchange-free country with Canada).

Would you please let me know if I can use my international driving license to rent a car for my G2 exam also to drive around until August?
Is it legal to use my Internation licence as a PR ?

Thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Today, I have passed the G1 knowledge test in Ontario as a newcomer (Permanent Resident) and since I am waiting for the road test in August 2021, I can't really stay without a car this entire period.

I have an international driving license from Egypt (obviously not an exchange-free country with Canada).

Would you please let me know if I can use my international driving license to rent a car for my G2 exam also to drive around until August?
Is it legal to use my Internation licence as a PR ?

Thanks in advance
Why don't you ask one of the car companies?

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Why don't you ask one of the car companies?
I verified and actually was able to reserve a car but I’m not sure if that’s legal however I also wonder if it’s okay to drive with my international licence as PR.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you don’t have your original Egyptian drivers license the IDP is no longer valid. The IDP on its own is not a drivers license.