+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Shiv99

Jan 27, 2022
Hello everyone
I have an issue at hand
I received my eCoPR on 21st Aug 2021. But i still havent received my PR card. My eCoPR expires on 15th Apr 2022.
What is the best course of action?
Is anybody in the same boat as I am?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I got eCOPR on Dec. 3, left on Dec. 24 and got back on my work visa couple weeks back in January without any issues. PR card still has not been approved.
Government has to be super clear and explicit if they revoke one's status and must at least notify them directly.
You are lucky because that shouldn't happen. It has been made very clear that once you gain Permanent status, any and all temporary status you hold becomes null and void.

Reactions: Capr23

hardik**

Star Member
May 9, 2021
NOC Code......
I got eCOPR on Dec. 3, left on Dec. 24 and got back on my work visa couple weeks back in January without any issues. PR card still has not been approved.
Government has to be super clear and explicit if they revoke one's status and must at least notify them directly.
Wow. You are the first real example I got to know that we can enter on eCOPR and Valid work visa/permit. Everywhere I read in the other forums people are sharing that our other visas get cancelled once you get COPR.

You are totally right on this part that IRCC doesn't give any information or notice on current visa cancellations after receiving COPR.

I am travelling in coming months and waiting for PR card, so glad to know this information. Thanks for sharing

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Wow. You are the first real example I got to know that we can enter on eCOPR and Valid work visa/permit. Everywhere I read in the other forums people are sharing that our other visas get cancelled once you get COPR.

You are totally right on this part that IRCC doesn't give any information or notice on current visa cancellations after receiving COPR.

I am travelling in coming months and waiting for PR card, so glad to know this information. Thanks for sharing
They have been clear. I'll repeat, once you are a landed PR (i.e. you have received a signed COPR) then your temporary status effectively gets cancelled.
If you are inland, and receive a COPR, then you become landed. Simple as that.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Today I received an update in my IRCC account regarding my PR card.

''We mailed your PR car to you. Your card can take up to 6 weeks to arrive''

Photo uploaded on PR portal - 30th Nov, 2021
PR card mailed to you status - Today (27th Jan, 2022)

Best wishes to all of you.

Reactions: rajpotula

Tacin17

Dec 8, 2021
They have been clear. I'll repeat, once you are a landed PR (i.e. you have received a signed COPR) then your temporary status effectively gets cancelled.
If you are inland, and receive a COPR, then you become landed. Simple as that.
Yeah, I would expect better from IRCC than just a twit, Here's what IRPA and IRPR note.

Act:
47 A foreign national loses temporary resident status
(a) at the end of the period for which they are authorized to remain in Canada;
(b) on a determination by an officer or the Immigration Division that they have failed to comply with any other requirement of this Act; or
(c) on cancellation of their temporary resident permit

Regs:
63 Period of permit’s validity
A temporary resident permit is valid until any one of the following events occurs:
(a) the permit is cancelled under subsection 24(1) of the Act;
(b) the permit holder leaves Canada without obtaining prior authorization to re-enter Canada;
(c) the period of validity specified on the permit expires; or
(d) a period of three years elapses from its date of validity.

I agree that temporary status has to be revoked at some point in the process of becoming Permanent Resident, however, it is also unreasonable to cancel it as soon as e-COPR issued prohibiting the person from entry back to Canada for the next 3 months until PR card is produced. Typically you will be allowed to board a plane with your temporary documents, they have no tools to check their validity at the point of departure. There may be questions at Canadian Border, however, again, it will be unreasonable to deny entry to the person who can prove their identity, admissibility and ties to Canada and present valid temporary documents and e-COPR, especially given that IRCC took no actions and did not issue any documents stating that temporary status has been revoked.

To clarify, I was allowed entry based on my TRV and work permit only, and I never mentioned that I have e-COPR. Also, I believe IRCC confirmed somewhere that entry through land border with States is allowed with e-COPR.

Hope this information may help some people travelling soon, however, please confirm your particular details with IRCC.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I agree that temporary status has to be revoked at some point in the process of becoming Permanent Resident, however, it is also unreasonable to cancel it as soon as e-COPR issued prohibiting the person from entry back to Canada for the next 3 months until PR card is produced. Typically you will be allowed to board a plane with your temporary documents, they have no tools to check their validity at the point of departure. There may be questions at Canadian Border, however, again, it will be unreasonable to deny entry to the person who can prove their identity, admissibility and ties to Canada and present valid temporary documents and e-COPR, especially given that IRCC took no actions and did not issue any documents stating that temporary status has been revoked.
The CBSA and other agencies have the tools to check the validity of your documents at any port of entry, there are plenty of examples of them doing exactly this. IRCC also state that if you need to travel outside of Canada, and intend to return, and you haven't received your PR card, then you need to apply for a PRTD. They specifically understand the lag between receiving a COPR and getting your PR card, and understand that some newly minted PRs may need to travel in between those times.

marieajenifair

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
The CBSA and other agencies have the tools to check the validity of your documents at any port of entry, there are plenty of examples of them doing exactly this. IRCC also state that if you need to travel outside of Canada, and intend to return, and you haven't received your PR card, then you need to apply for a PRTD. They specifically understand the lag between receiving a COPR and getting your PR card, and understand that some newly minted PRs may need to travel in between those times.
This is good insight. Thanks. I was wondering if you knew how long it takes for the physical cards to arrive. The processing time says 71 days. I received my eCopr on the Jan 17th, 2022. I think it is too early for me to even think of panicking. Any insight?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This is good insight. Thanks. I was wondering if you knew how long it takes for the physical cards to arrive. The processing time says 71 days. I received my eCopr on the Jan 17th, 2022. I think it is too early for me to even think of panicking. Any insight?
71 days is the average at the moment. Some folks have reported getting them in as little as a week. others have been waiting north of 4 months. There's no way to really tell how long it will take

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
71 days is the average at the moment. Some folks have reported getting them in as little as a week. others have been waiting north of 4 months. There's no way to really tell how long it will take
I just checked now it says 87 days. I'm thinking of starting a gofundme to donate them some money to buy a new printer or something :rolleyes:

alowa

Sep 12, 2018
My timeline:
Jan 12, 2022 - Portal mail
Jan 21, 2022 - Portal Submitted (photo + address)
Jan 27 - eCOPR (for all of my family except my picture rejected:p)