PR confirmation portal timelines

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Updated timeline:

First email: Dec 8th - 9:20am
Second email with portal credentials: Dec 8th - 6pm
E-copr: Dec 9th
Email to IRCC requesting urgent processing of PR card stating need for travel due to serious illness of family member: Dec 8th & Dec 12th
(attached all necessary proof - travel tickets, medical records etc.)
Response from IRCC stating my PR Card is currently at production and it won't be issued before my travel: Dec 16th
First GU on GCKey and Address accepted: Dec 16th

What does card in production mean? Does this mean my photo has been accepted as well? Any chance I might get it in the next few days even though the email said I won't get it? My flight is on the 24th

Last edited:

Pallavi V

Mar 19, 2021
Can we walk-in to a Service Canada to apply for a new SIN or has anyone successfully done it online? My old SIN has expired a while back (I was told). Service Canada is asking to enter information for appointment. If there's a different thread for it, please do let me know.
I did walk-in this week without an appointment. Work done in 5 mins with wait time of 1hr in line during early morning hours. But they did casually ask if I had an appointment. I applied online too before, but forgot to sign and fill date on soft copy of COPR. They sent a refusal letter back after 50 days.

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I did walk-in this week without an appointment. Work done in 5 mins with wait time of 1hr in line during early morning hours. But they did casually ask if I had an appointment. I applied online too before, but forgot to sign and fill date on soft copy of COPR. They sent a refusal letter back after 50 days.
Thank you for letting me know! I had filled out an appointment form yesterday and someone called me in a couple hours. She gave me an appointment for late next week. I hope they don't decide to close their offices for public before that. Also, are we able to go to Service Ontario for health card anytime or only after we get the SIN number?

Reactions: Pallavi V

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Thank you for letting me know! I had filled out an appointment form yesterday and someone called me in a couple hours. She gave me an appointment for late next week. I hope they don't decide to close their offices for public before that. Also, are we able to go to Service Ontario for health card anytime or only after we get the SIN number?
You can book an appointment for OHIP online and carry your COPR and other docs - no need to have SIN for it. They're not doing walk-ins.

Pallavi V

Mar 19, 2021
Ohh nice, hope it's done.
I first took OHIP and then went for SIN. There's no order and no SIN verification required for OHIP.

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Updated timeline:

First email: Dec 8th - 9:20am
Second email with portal credentials: Dec 8th - 6pm
E-copr: Dec 9th
Email to IRCC requesting urgent processing of PR card stating need for travel due to serious illness of family member: Dec 8th & Dec 12th
(attached all necessary proof - travel tickets, medical records etc.)
Response from IRCC stating my PR Card is currently at production and it won't be issued before my travel: Dec 16th
First GU on GCKey and Address accepted: Dec 16th

What does card in production mean? Does this mean my photo has been accepted as well? Any chance I might get it in the next few days even though the email said I won't get it? My flight is on the 24th
Got another ghost update today. Fingers crossed its good news! No other update on portal or gckey account.

Reactions: KavitaBajwa

MatEst

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hello everyone. In the PR confirmation, for the photo , what do i do? I uploaded my photo but it uploaded in black and white & was a warning that says: Brightness: Your photo may be too bright or too dark Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 1680x1200 and 4200x3000 pixels
How do i fix this?

Reactions: dsj159

dsj159

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hello everyone. In the PR confirmation, for the photo , what do i do? I uploaded my photo but it uploaded in black and white & was a warning that says: Brightness: Your photo may be too bright or too dark Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 1680x1200 and 4200x3000 pixels
How do i fix this?
I tried seven times waiting at the studio. each time the same message was coming for me was Brightness: your photo may be too bright or too dark. The pixel I got from the studio is 1575x2205. The seventh time it got accepted just increased brightness a bit and also depend on the light settings in the studio.

Reactions: MatEst

dsj159

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,
If we cannot link the pr card application with the GC key account how we will come to know if the PR Card is dispatched or not? and is there any chance during the production they can reject the photo and ask for a new one?

Thank You

Pallavi V

Mar 19, 2021
Hi Everyone,
If we cannot link the pr card application with the GC key account how we will come to know if the PR Card is dispatched or not? and is there any chance during the production they can reject the photo and ask for a new one?

Thank You
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-timelines.734183/post-9793252
Please check this reply and try in that way. If they started working on your application already, you should be able to link it. Yes, I've been told that photo can get rejected in production. But, mostly they send to production once address and photo are reviewed. So, very less chances to get rejected when in production. All the best.

Reactions: dsj159

dsj159

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-timelines.734183/post-9793252
Please check this reply and try in that way. If they started working on your application already, you should be able to link it. Yes, I've been told that photo can get rejected in production. But, mostly they send to production once address and photo are reviewed. So, very less chances to get rejected when in production. All the best.
Thank You

dilber1111

Jul 24, 2021
I suggest send another email. Use this format. and send it between 10:00AM to 11:00 AM. Good Luck brother, I hope this work for you too.
Just copy this format>>

subject: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal – (File Number)

Good morning Sir/Madam

Hope you are doing well!

I have received an email to provide further information for the PR Confirmation portal. Please find the attached information as requested. Please let me know if you need any further information from my end.

 Name:
 UCI:
 Email: (one for the whole family) :
 Original entry date:
 Date of last time you entered Canada:
 Location where you last entered:
 Are you currently inside Canada:
 If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date: N/A

Thank You
This worked for me for some reason. I guess the system generate the login for us, so simply do not edit anything that you copied from the PDF IRCC sent you for information. Last time I deleted the boxes in front of each line. that might be the reason I didn't get it.
Thanks a lot, This worked for me
Got Portal Credentials on 16 Dec and ECOPR on 18 Dec.