+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Hi guys! I'm still waiting for my credentials since Nov 11. I'm planning to purchase a home in the next few weeks. Will I be able to purchase a home as a PR even though I have not received my PR card? Thank you for any advice in advance!
You will officially be PR once you've received and signed your eCoPR. The PR Card is just a travel document, not a status document.

KanchanaP

Nov 16, 2021
You will officially be PR once you've received and signed your eCoPR. The PR Card is just a travel document, not a status document.
Thank you. So, I really cannot move forward with the purchase process if I do not have my eCoPR. I even raised a webform and only received an automated reply back.

KavitaBajwa

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Timeline Update:

1st portal mail on :9th-Nov
Credential on :16-Nov
eCopr on: 17th-Nov
PR Card (Approved & Mailed in GCKey): November 25, 2021
PR Card received: November 29, 2021

Finally reached the ending of the PR Journey~
Congratulations:) Do you know how we can track PR card, i am waiting since Nov 23. And whats you VO?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Thank you. So, I really cannot move forward with the purchase process if I do not have my eCoPR. I even raised a webform and only received an automated reply back.
You can purchase a home without being PR but I think there's an additional tax you need to pay on top. I'm no expert on home buying but I think that's how it works. Hope you receive the document soon!

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
Anyone waiting for ECOPR since November 25? I uploaded the requirements on November 25 but nothing after that. Case is with Virtual landing unit.
Do we see GCkey update as approved before ECOPR? GCkey still states case as submitted.

Reactions: pruthv

Pallavi V

Mar 19, 2021
Hi Guys,

First I would like to thank everyone in the forum and wish everyone the best of luck. For anyone who is waiting for PR card several months after receiving ECOPR and there are no updates, Here is the tip: Forward your latest portal email to ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca with your name, UCI, case number etc, and ask them what's the timeline. SInce the office timeline is 60 days. so if you dont receive any updates after 2 months, send this email and ideally you will receive an update within 48hrs. It worked for me twice, the first time I sent the email, I was notified I need to change the size the photo in 2 days. The second time I retook the pic and sent the request again, and it was approved within 2 days. I wish best luck for everyone
Are they not going to notify us if something is wrong with photo unless and until we reach out to them?

KanchanaP

Nov 16, 2021
You can purchase a home without being PR but I think there's an additional tax you need to pay on top. I'm no expert on home buying but I think that's how it works. Hope you receive the document soon!
Yes, I can. But I want to avoid foreign taxes. I am planning to purchase a home with my Canadian partner. So, the process will be a lot more simpler if I have my PR.

Reactions: klein

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
Portal email - Nov 10, 2021
Credentials - Nov 18, 2021
ECOPR - Dec 1, 2021
PR Card - Waiting...

VO OSC
Congratulations. Did you see application approved on GCkey before getting e COPR? And did you get an email for COPR or you randomly checked portal?

MTTT19

Nov 15, 2021
Congratulations. Did you see application approved on GCkey before getting e COPR? And did you get an email for COPR or you randomly checked portal?
I received the e-mail for COPR. The portal status is still in review with IRCC, but the eCOPR is available to download underneath.