+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Cordell05

Mar 3, 2021
I believe that I’m in the same boat and I’m at a loss what to do. I still have not received my login credentials. Here’s my timeline:

Aug 14: Received PR portal letter directing me to send my info to the cic.gc.ca email address
Aug 17: Sent my info
Aug 27: Sent info again
Sep 20: Sent info again

It’s incredibly frustrating, not the least because I have no way of finding out what’s happening. A friend of mine received his portal letter 2 days after me and got his login credentials a week later. It seems completely arbitrary.

Does anyone know what we can do when our case has seemingly disappeared into a black hole like this?
Hi in my case i accidentally created my own PR portal account (but never entered any details because i just read that I'm not supposed to create it)and never received my log in credentials until now. But after a few days the account i created was filled with all of my information and i was able to upload the photo, address and declaration...

until now im waiting for our ecopr

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I will keep this thread updated, for now, it shows the address and photo still in review. So, I am guessing not much is done until now.
Same here. E-Copr received on 13 Sep 2021. Address accepted but photo under review by IRCC. No clue how long they want to review a silly photograph. Waiting for PR card. Guess I am not done yet with IRCC.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Same here. E-Copr received on 13 Sep 2021. Address accepted but photo under review by IRCC. No clue how long they want to review a silly photograph. Waiting for PR card. Guess I am not done yet with IRCC.
@indranilroy1990 link your PR card application in my CIC account. They don't always update portal. My card has been mailed without photo being accepted.

Linking PR Card application;

1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES

7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.

9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I believe that I’m in the same boat and I’m at a loss what to do. I still have not received my login credentials. Here’s my timeline:

Aug 14: Received PR portal letter directing me to send my info to the cic.gc.ca email address
Aug 17: Sent my info
Aug 27: Sent info again
Sep 20: Sent info again

It’s incredibly frustrating, not the least because I have no way of finding out what’s happening. A friend of mine received his portal letter 2 days after me and got his login credentials a week later. It seems completely arbitrary.

Does anyone know what we can do when our case has seemingly disappeared into a black hole like this?
Yeah I haven't even received the first email, the very first one that you got on Aug 14... and I've had DM for over a month

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
After 23 days of waiting, my e-CoPR is finally here, but it didn’t come by its own. I replied to their portal email several times during the past 10 days asking to send my CoPR. Finally someone noticed my email and sent my CoPR 15 mins after my last email. There is one minor error on my document (the original date of entry) which I have already reported. Guys don’t just wait for them to send you your CoPR. Reply to their portal email again and again until they notice. Don’t send your email in early morning, at noon, late afternoon or on weekends. Keep your message very simple and short and provide them with as much information as possible such as UCI, application number, full name, date of birth, etc.

Here is my timeline:
First portal email: Aug 27
2nd email: Aug 29
e-CoPR: Sep 22

Good luck

Rondeshwal

Oct 20, 2020
After 23 days of waiting, my e-CoPR is finally here, but it didn’t come by its own. I replied to their portal email several times during the past 10 days asking to send my CoPR. Finally someone noticed my email and sent my CoPR 15 mins after my last email. There is one minor error on my document (the original date of entry) which I have already reported. Guys don’t just wait for them to send you your CoPR. Reply to their portal email again and again until they notice. Don’t send your email in early morning, at noon, late afternoon or on weekends. Keep your message very simple and short and provide them with as much information as possible such as UCI, application number, full name, date of birth, etc.

Here is my timeline:

Good luck
You were replying to them on same email or everyday composing new email ?

casualpunx

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015

Here is my timeline:

Good luck
Could you let us know if you can go further than this stage as i stuck at this stage since June.

Reactions: sss369

mechvijays

Sep 22, 2021
first mail - 15
second mail -16th,

still waiting for portal email..

this was the content in mail 1:
Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation). In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card. You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client. Next steps:  Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.  As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.  In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.  Name:  UCI:  Email:(one for the whole family)  Original entry date:

second mail:
We sent you an email recently about IRCC’s new secure PR Portal where you can now confirm your permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview. If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved. Using the confirmation portal is the equivalent of going to an in-person landing interview – only the applicant can do so. To confirm your PR status using the portal:  Reply to this email and confirm 1) the email address you want to use and 2) which option below you choose for your spouse/partner and dependants 18 years or older when you applied: o Option A, you’ll act on their behalf. o Option B, we’ll create new accounts for each of them. Provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence).  As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants (under 18 when you applied for permanent residence) and any other dependants you choose. We’ll create profiles for them under your account. If you’re not acting on their behalf, each member of your family will have their own username and password.  In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste this template and fill in the information (check your passport for the dates and location):  Name:  UCI:  Email (as set out in this message):  Original entry date:  Date of last time you entered Canada:  Location where you last entered:

mechvijays

Sep 22, 2021
Please answer the below situation

1. travel outside canada while waiting for portal credentials - once portal crediential came, can i fill it or i need shouldn't fill , since now i am outside canada. what to do in this case
2. traveling outside canada while waiting for ecopr - can i apply PRTD and come to canada after ecopr comes or what to do in this case
3.traveling outside canada while waiting for PR card . - if i my freiend bring the PR card , can i come to canada without PRTD

moioxomiya

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
first mail - 15
second mail -16th,

still waiting for portal email..

this was the content in mail 1:
Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation). In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card. You need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a representative and receiving this message on behalf of a client, you must forward the message to your client. Next steps:  Reply to this email and confirm the email address you want to use.  As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants. If you would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your reply to this email.  In your reply to this email, copy and paste this template and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family. If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate.  Name:  UCI:  Email:(one for the whole family)  Original entry date:

second mail:
We sent you an email recently about IRCC’s new secure PR Portal where you can now confirm your permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview. If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved. Using the confirmation portal is the equivalent of going to an in-person landing interview – only the applicant can do so. To confirm your PR status using the portal:  Reply to this email and confirm 1) the email address you want to use and 2) which option below you choose for your spouse/partner and dependants 18 years or older when you applied: o Option A, you’ll act on their behalf. o Option B, we’ll create new accounts for each of them. Provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence).  As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants (under 18 when you applied for permanent residence) and any other dependants you choose. We’ll create profiles for them under your account. If you’re not acting on their behalf, each member of your family will have their own username and password.  In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste this template and fill in the information (check your passport for the dates and location):  Name:  UCI:  Email (as set out in this message):  Original entry date:  Date of last time you entered Canada:  Location where you last entered:
i received both and replied both, got COPR the next day.

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
@indranilroy1990 link your PR card application in my CIC account. They don't always update portal. My card has been mailed without photo being accepted.

Linking PR Card application;

1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES

7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.

9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
Thanks for the message. Does the CIC portal show any more details after I link my PR portal? What details would i expect to see in that case?

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hey, can anyone tell me when uploading the photo, are yous uploading both front and back of the photo. The issue I am facing is JPG format doesnt merge. So how did you guys scan and upload? @legalfalcon

Last edited: