+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Uday Doli

Aug 25, 2021
can someone help me with suggestion,
I have received the email from IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal, on 18th Aug. and i replied back with requested details on same day and waiting on login details for the portal,
here I'm in a situation where my BOWP will expires on 26th Sep. 2021 which is now just 1 month from now. do i need apply for WP extension if in case IRCC delays in sending me the portal details and send my eCOPR, I believe i need to be on legal status in Canada to receive the eCOPR or PR card.

Reactions: jagann

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
can someone help me with suggestion,
I have received the email from IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal, on 18th Aug. and i replied back with requested details on same day and waiting on login details for the portal,
here I'm in a situation where my BOWP will expires on 26th Sep. 2021 which is now just 1 month from now. do i need apply for WP extension if in case IRCC delays in sending me the portal details and send my eCOPR, I believe i need to be on legal status in Canada to receive the eCOPR or PR card.
WP processing time is also 7-8 months. You are better off applying for extension of WP than relying on ircc for credentials and losing you valid status in Canada. I'd also send another email asking for credentials

Reactions: Uday Doli

Jasmeet1723

Jan 27, 2020
Hello, Congratulations!!

Thanks

Can you clarify:
1. Which program you applied for?
I was CEC Express Entry Candidate
2. When did you receive the email with the link and your credentials to the PR portal?
I received email on 14th July 2021, replied back same day. Got the credentials next day. Uploaded everything. Got eCOPR on 16th July 2021.
3. When you received CoPR through the portal?
Got eCOPR on 16th July 2021.
I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you
Replied above

cck1986

May 8, 2020
WP processing time is also 7-8 months. You are better off applying for extension of WP than relying on ircc for credentials and losing you valid status in Canada. I'd also send another email asking for credentials
It is wrong . If the person is in Canada it takes 73 days for WP processing as of today. We ourselves filed on last week of may and got in first week of aug this year

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
It is wrong . If the person is in Canada it takes 73 days for WP processing as of today. We ourselves filed on last week of may and got in first week of aug this year
okay? good for you loll , i wrote this as per the information i got from others lol. not sure what's wrong with this. Bunch of people are waiting for their WP.

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello, I got my PR confirmation email today and I replied for portal credentials. But my PR application is still in progress. When do they approve the original application ?

B.T

Jun 13, 2021
Hello, I got my PR confirmation email today and I replied for portal credentials. But my PR application is still in progress. When do they approve the original application ?
Usually when you get copr

Reactions: Gset

Atomfun

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I got copr on Aug 5 and no change in CIC or PR portal after that. One of my friend who got COPR at the same time received update on CIC portal for case closure.
Is it normal that application is in submitted status in CIC portal after receiving COPR ? How long does it take for update on the portal

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
i have received an email today to check my ee profile. there is the pdf that i did not reply to their pr confirmation email but i was already provided the portal credentials and uploaded pic/address etc.

anyone else?

Prxyz12

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hi everyone I got a portal request few days ago and yesterday I uploaded photo and everything.
Today I got a call from Unknow number(was not able to pick up), but when I clicked the number there was a canadian number behind it 416-***-****
1) Does IRCC call after we upload in portal
2) WHen IRCC calls can we actually see such number? I just want to make sure I was not being scammed.

heliu03

Mar 24, 2021
Received my PR card today! Good luck folks!!

Aug 05: First portal email
Aug 13: Login credentials
Aug 15: eCOPR (linked the PR card application to GCKey on the same day)
Aug 16: GU in GCKey and address was accepted in PR portal
Aug 24: Application approved in GCKey and PR card was mailed out
Aug 25: PR Confirmation Portal case closed
Aug 26: Received PR Card
VO: OSC

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Received my PR card today! Good luck folks!!

Aug 05: First portal email
Aug 13: Login credentials
Aug 15: eCOPR (linked the PR card application to GCKey on the same day)
Aug 16: GU in GCKey and address was accepted in PR portal
Aug 24: Application approved in GCKey and PR card was mailed out
Aug 25: PR Confirmation Portal case closed
Aug 26: Received PR Card
VO: OSC
What do you mean by linking or card application to GC Key. Can you explain

heliu03

Mar 24, 2021
What do you mean by linking or card application to GC Key. Can you explain
In your GCKey, click "Add (link) your application to your account" and then select "Permanent Residence Card" for the category. Once you fill out all your info, you should be able to link the application to your GCKey.