+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Carrot__

Star Member
Apr 2, 2024
I got a reply from Montreal IRCC this morning for an email I sent them in march about an update for my application, "your application is in the queue blah blah...the delay is because of the high number of applications." I saw the email and the subject and was so happy thinking I got my ecopr...LOL

lazereye04

Mar 19, 2024
Applied within Canada - myself and 1 dependent

File type: CEC
ITA: June 30,2023
Documents submitted: August 23, 2023
Portal 1: February 12, 2024 (sent details same day)
Portal 2: March 05,2024 (submitted declaration, pic and address same day)
Ecopr: Waiting

Ecopr expiry: February 05, 2025
VO: Montreal

Reactions: Carrot__

Amanjit Singh

Sep 7, 2020
Please tell what will be the expiry of ecopr as my medicl passed on gc key shows date of February 01, 2024 (automatic medical extension date in gc key). What is the relation of expiry of medical and ecopr.
Pr portal 1 - Feb 5, 2024
Pr portal 2 - Feb 27, 2024
Waiting for the ecopr
Monteral office

Carrot__

Star Member
Apr 2, 2024
Please tell what will be the expiry of ecopr as my medicl passed on gc key shows date of February 01, 2024 (automatic medical extension date in gc key). What is the relation of expiry of medical and ecopr.
Pr portal 1 - Feb 5, 2024
Pr portal 2 - Feb 27, 2024
Waiting for the ecopr
Monteral office
it should be feb 1 2025....I guess
we have someone with the same timeline as you in this forum @alchemist92

Reactions: alchemist92

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
I got a reply from Montreal IRCC this morning for an email I sent them in march about an update for my application, "your application is in the queue blah blah...the delay is because of the high number of applications." I saw the email and the subject and was so happy thinking I got my ecopr...LOL
You would think they would have a dedicated team that just looks if you checked the box and uploaded your document. Honestly this could all be automated

lazereye04

Mar 19, 2024
I think its a good idea to send them email, that way they know you exist.. rather than getting buried in their file queue. I might have to generate a web form soon, my wife’s work permit is expiring 1st week of June

Carrot__

Star Member
Apr 2, 2024
You would think they would have a dedicated team that just looks if you checked the box and uploaded your document. Honestly this could all be automated
they have applications assigned to diff officers. If someone is working on one nobody else opens it even if they are on vacation. This is not automated they do see your emails I got the same reply when I submitted a webform.

Carrot__

Star Member
Apr 2, 2024
I think its a good idea to send them email, that way they know you exist.. rather than getting buried in their file queue. I might have to generate a web form soon, my wife’s work permit is expiring 1st week of June
u can send as many emails you want lol but it's not helpful...call them and submit webforms.
when u call them it shows up as an inquiry on your account even if it is not helpful. I have the tracker for my application every time u call IRCC they update it as we received your inquiry.
For email I would suggest replying to the portal 1 email for an update.
and for webform upload screenshots with it.

Again we are just guessing no one knows what the reality is..:D sometimes I do see replies saying I don't agree to this or I agree to this...... guys the person who is replying is not even sure.... they are just trying to figure out.lol
u agree to this ryt?! @8343fries

sower.rumor

Feb 6, 2024
That is what makes this waiting even worse. They could have just automated issuing eCOPRs. I think the delay is because less tha 10 officers (my guess) are working on issuing COPRs. 500k PRs/yr = 2000/day assuming 250 working days. With 10 officers, it will be 200/day/person for each. With 50 officers working, it will be 40/day/person.

Carrot__

Star Member
Apr 2, 2024
That is what makes this waiting even worse. They could have just automated issuing eCOPRs. I think the delay is because less tha 10 officers (my guess) are working on issuing COPRs. 500k PRs/yr = 2000/day assuming 250 working days. With 10 officers, it will be 200/day/person for each. With 50 officers working, it will be 40/day/person.
ooo the calculation...too much for me:eek:

exhaustedotter

Apr 3, 2024
There are so many things that can be improved in this process, but there must be a reason why these improvements don't happen. Whether they want it to stay like this, not enough money, not enough people, etc... the reality is that most of these things that cause us anxiety and depression have probably existed for long and will stay like this for the foreseeable future.