+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

paramgill

Apr 17, 2021
Hi everyone! I have a question, my spouse and I have just received the first portal email. I replied to it with information for us both and with our family email, should my wife also reply to this email or is this enough?
Hi ,

COPIED:-

Hello Sir/Madam,

Greetings. I'm furnishing my details and my dependents (Spouse and Child) as requested in the pdf document and confirming our presence in Canada. Kindly let me know if you need any additional information.
Primary applicant:
Name as it appears in your passport:
UCI:
Email: (one for the whole family):
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD) :
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location where you last entered (which Canadian border or Canadian airport): Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
If you are not inside Canada
When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
In which country are you currently located:
Height:
Eye colour:

Repeat for each applicants in the same email (when replying to primary applicants p1 email).. and provide same email id (family) to get a single portal access.

Reactions: Dk_1992

d0gm34t

Star Member
Oct 3, 2023
Canada
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone! I have a question, my spouse and I have just received the first portal email. I replied to it with information for us both and with our family email, should my wife also reply to this email or is this enough?
As stated in the attached pdf, you reply with information for you and your family. So no, your wife does not have to reply.

Reactions: Dk_1992

thewalrus

Dec 19, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi all! Here is my case:
I'm currently in Canada with a PGWP. And I've just received the PR Portal credentials, but I have a trip abroad coming up in a week for two weeks. The email with the credentials tells me to submit the details (photo and presence in Canada etc.) within seven days of receiving the email. But if I do, I'd be creating the risk of getting the CoPR while I'm away, and then I'd need to wait until PRTD is issued to come back to Canada for work.

Could you please provide guidance on my situation? Should I submit the details on Portal before my trip abroad or wait until I return in three weeks? And if I do the latter, would I miss any deadlines on the PR Portal? Thanks in advance!!

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi all! Here is my case:
I'm currently in Canada with a PGWP. And I've just received the PR Portal credentials, but I have a trip abroad coming up in a week for two weeks. The email with the credentials tells me to submit the details (photo and presence in Canada etc.) within seven days of receiving the email. But if I do, I'd be creating the risk of getting CoPR whilst I'm away, and then I'd need to wait until PRTD is issued to come back to Canada for work.

Could you please provide guidance on my situation? Should I submit the details on Portal before my trip abroad or wait until I return in three weeks? And if I do the latter, would I miss any deadlines on the PR Portal? Thanks in advance!!
Getting Portal Credentials is the P2 process. On sharing your travel plan with IRCC, I feel you have missed a chance or someone has misguided you earlier with your P1. Ideally, during your P1 you should have let IRCC know when you emailed personal details, that you will leave Canada on xy data and expect to return on nn date.

Now that you have a portal login I believe you don't have a choice you have to do your in-Canada declaration. your options are
1) When you travel abroad
- you have to hope and pray eCOPR doesn't come through when you are out.
- if your eCOPR comes through, you have to wait to get PRTD or if you have a USA visa or VWP can travel to the USA and enter Canada via the land border.
2) I request others to comment/confirm if emailing IRCC on P1 email again now and requesting them to freeze the process until you return. I saw this being suggested in another thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewalrus

thewalrus

Dec 19, 2023
Category........
CEC
Getting Portal Credentials is the P2 process. On sharing your travel plan with IRCC, I feel you have missed a chance or someone has misguided you earlier with your P1. Ideally, during your P1 you should have let IRCC know when you emailed personal details, that you will leave Canada on xy data and expect to return on nn date.

Now that you have a portal login I believe you don't have a choice you have to do your in-Canada declaration. your options are
1) When you travel abroad
- you have to hope and pray eCOPR doesn't come through when you are out.
- if your eCOPR comes through, you have to wait to get PRTD or if you have a USA visa or NWP can travel to the USA and enter Canada via the land border.
2) I request others tp comment/confirm if emailing IRCC on P1 email again now and requesting them to freeze the process until you return. I saw this being suggested in another thread.
Thank you so much for the reply! I emailed the email address that first sent me a message about the PR Confirmation yesterday and asked them the same question. Hoping to get an answer soon; if not, I'll just call them and request for a freeze on the process.
I have a US visa, so I guess I'll have to pass the land border in the worst case.
Will keep here updated as well, in case anyone encounters the same situation in the future :)

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I received my P1 today

P1 date: Dec 20, 2023
COPR expiry: Sep 30, 2024
Office: Etobicoke

I will ask IRCC to delay my P2 and eCOPR as I will be travelling out of Canada soon.

• Love
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Thank you so much for the reply! I emailed the email address that first sent me a message about the PR Confirmation yesterday and asked them the same question. Hoping to get an answer soon; if not, I'll just call them and request for a freeze on the process.
I have a US visa, so I guess I'll have to pass the land border in the worst case.
Will keep here updated as well, in case anyone encounters the same situation in the future :)
I have never seen IRCC give any advice in the portal email ID, good luck to you if they do. At least they should get the message and halt the ECOPR until you return from abroad and email them again to issue ECOPR now.

Last edited: