+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

gerlac

Apr 19, 2020
I called IRCC to check on the status of my E-COPR (Been waiting for 3 months today), and the only response I get is to "wait", also the agent mentioned that IRCC is issuing E-COPRs mostly based on ECOPR expiry, and mine expires in July 2024(and the agent asked me to wait until July and if I did not get it by then, they can check to see what's wrong)
Same situation. I declared that i’m here in Canada, uploaded my photo September 18 and the address too. Up until now I have not received any email or update from IRCC. Called them this morning and was told to just wait. I got a travel plan on February so I’m hoping I get my eCOPR and card before that.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
I have sort of a problem and I was hoping to get some opinions. I am currently inside Canada on a visting visa and got a final decision email for my PR application on Nov 1. I didn't get the P1 so I sent an number of webforms and emails requesting portal access. I didn't get any updates so I sent my passport to LA VAC to get my passport stamped and the plan was to flagpole to activate my PR status. As of today, my passport is at the IRCC office in LA. However, I got a P2 email today and I'm not sure of how to proceed. Do I complete my details on the Portal? Or should I just wait for my passport to come back and then flagpole? Not sure of what to do next and I would love to get anyone's input or opinion. Thanks
Why did you choose to send your passport to LA VAC? Why not Ottawa?

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi All, Please where can one find or know the visa office processing the ECOPR after submission of photo and address in Portal 2?

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
What?? I'm very surprised you have not yet received eCOPR with that expiry date,
They got P1 on Nov 14, no P2 yet, so they're not in the eCOPR queue yet. Once they get in the eCOPR queue, their eCOPR should come faster than those with a later expiry date.

Also, the expiry date is not the only thing they're basing the queue on. I think it also depends on the stream and the processing time standard for that stream. Otherwise, I should've received the eCOPR before the other person with Aug 31 P2 and July COPR expiry since mine are both earlier.

Reactions: lilmsfoodie

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Here is my timeline:
Portal 1: Nov 7
Portal 2: Nov 8
I can't see any processing office, rather I see Virtual landing unit
I am Still awaiting eCORP.

Is this wait normal?

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Here is my timeline:
Portal 1: Nov 7
Portal 2: Nov 8
I can't see any processing office, rather I see Virtual landing unit
I am Still awaiting eCORP.

Is this wait normal?
Virtual Landing Unit should be pretty good. Consider yourself lucky for not getting VO Montreal. Your eCOPR will probably come soon.

Reactions: lilmsfoodie

vijaykrishnagv

Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone,
Today I called IRCC. She told me that my PVO - Ottawa and SVO - Etobicoke. I received my P1 from Montreal.
how do we know which VO is processing my PR?
Below are my timelines:

1. AOR - Jan 2023
2. All are green in the tracker - 24th Nov 2023
3. Final Decision date - 1st Dec 2023
4. P1 - 1st Dec 2023
5. COPR number and expiry date update in tracker - 4th Dec 2023
6. P2 - waiting

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone,
Today I called IRCC. She told me that my PVO - Ottawa and SVO - Etobicoke. I received my P1 from Montreal.
how do we know which VO is processing my PR?
Below are my timelines:

1. AOR - Jan 2023
2. All are green in the tracker - 24th Nov 2023
3. Final Decision date - 1st Dec 2023
4. P1 - 1st Dec 2023
5. COPR number and expiry date update in tracker - 4th Dec 2023
6. P2 - waiting
I'm having problems understanding why people with expiry dates that are expired or almost expired are not yet getting eCOPR.

AbigailA

May 20, 2022
I'm having problems understanding why people with expiry dates that are expired or almost expired are not yet getting eCOPR.
I spoke to an immigration officer today on the phone and asked about the relevance of the COPR expiration dates. He said it has nothing to do with eCOPR generation, and that it's just something for their side of things. He said not to worry about it because they can just extend it if needed.

It has appeared to be a pattern though, so I don't know what to make of that.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. I heard of some people who's COPR expired and they just had an extended expiry date when they finally did receive the eCOPR.

Reactions: Fordling

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
I spoke to an immigration officer today on the phone and asked about the relevance of the COPR expiration dates. He said it has nothing to do with eCOPR generation, and that it's just something for their side of things. He said not to worry about it because they can just extend it if needed.

It has appeared to be a pattern though, so I don't know what to make of that.
I meant also that people with expiry dates way longer than yours already have their PR, I just don't understand their system of doing things.

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
Virtual Landing Unit should be pretty good. Consider yourself lucky for not getting VO Montreal. Your eCOPR will probably come soon.
I highly doubt that. Virtual Landing Unit (Ottawa) is very slow in eCoPR processing. I'm waiting for my eCoPR for 54 days now. And as I see from the posts at the beginning of the year, some ppl were waiting for three months for eCoPRs from the VLU. It's Ottawa, the center of the Canadian bureaucracy, and they work as slow as other offices. I'm wondering if that might be any reasonable explanations for these delays.