+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

yasal

Nov 6, 2023
I believe a lot of people waiting from the last week of August and first week of September.
I am waiting since September 3

Has anyone heard something from Montreal? Why it is so frustrating
Received P1 from Montreal on Oct 6, , have you received the p2?

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
I am waiting for my ECOPR since September 5th and have tried all that I can ( Contacted the MP and was informed there is not a definite processing time for E-COPR and can take about 3 months and was asked to follow up after 3 months, IRCC agents inform me that I am in virtual landing Queue and got automatic responses for all the webforms and portal 1 follow up email about the status of ECOPR. I do not understand how they determine the virtual landing Queue while a lot of them after Sept 7/8th seem to get their ECOPRs fair quickly as compared to those waiting from last week of August and the first week of September. There is nothing much we can do at this point but this is really making me anxious and also I had to wait 4 months to receive my portal 1 email after everything on the tracker turned green.

Been waiting since September 8 as well and based from people's theories from the Montreal tracker, it seems that the queue is based on the expiry dates of the COPR. And yes it sucks that when I also followed up, they said I am within the processing timelines of PNP-EE. Since my AOR was June, if they issue me my eCOPR on February I will still be within timeline even though my Portal 2 was September 8.

makaloo

Oct 20, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
@lilmsfoodie, I got a ghost update on the tracker today (Nov 6), did you also get it? Last time we got it on the same day on Oct 17.
I read somewhere that the GU on the tracker is when the tracker was updated with your data from other systems. It does not mean that someone worked on your case.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I read somewhere that the GU on the tracker is when the tracker was updated with your data from other systems. It does not mean that someone worked on your case.
Yes, I know, see my earlier post:

Found this post on IRCC Twitter/X:
The “updated” date refers to the date when data from IRCC’s system was last refreshed and reflected in the tracker. It does not necessarily mean that your file has been updated on this date.
So a GU on the tracker might not mean anything.
Sometimes it means nothing, just an automatic system refresh, but other times it does mean someone opened the file.

Reactions: makaloo

Brunafreckles

Dec 15, 2021
No, I don't think having an existing PR Portal account may delay portal 2. If anything, the ircc offices are really slow. I also have an existing PR Portal account when I replied to the portal 1 email. Although I did send another email telling them that I have an existing portal account already.

Oct 5 - Portal 1
replied same day
Oct 13 - sent another reply informing them that I have an existing PR portal account
Oct 17 -Portal 2
waiting for ECOPR
VO Montreal

Thank you. I replied a second-time last week. I think I'm going to reply again or even call. My daughter is on a waitlist to get assessed medically and they just called me saying they have a slot available for Dec. but I couldn't confirm due to her MSP being expired. So frustrating.

G.Jhansall

Apr 18, 2019
I called the IRCC and they have told me my file is in CPC Edmonton which is primary office and secondary office is Montreal and everything is completed except the medical on file and has not verified yet. I don’t know what to do . Anybody any idea?

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Urgent! Can I leave Canada while I'm waiting for my eCOPR?
It's not recommended. But if you must, you can. Reply to the portal 1 email again mentioning the date you're leaving and the date you'll be back. This will delay your eCOPR further.