+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Found this post on IRCC Twitter/X:
The “updated” date refers to the date when data from IRCC’s system was last refreshed and reflected in the tracker. It does not necessarily mean that your file has been updated on this date.
So a GU on the tracker might not mean anything.

Mwophy

Oct 23, 2023
1-888-242-2100 and after UCI Ext. is 1122 then you will be connect to the agent, I also put the web form but they told me the same thing that they are processing as soon as they can, but waiting from last 55 days !
Thanks. Will try calling them.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
If getting PR Portal request means pr is approved, then does this approval count towards the annual immigration target of 460000 for 2023? Wondering whether they are slowing down the landing because of reaching the annual quota.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Wondering whether they are slowing down the landing because of reaching the annual quota.
Don't think so. My application is Family Class which is not subject to the quota, but I've been waiting for 58 days already.

Besides, if they wanted to drag things out, they could do that during the application processing before approval (portal 1 email).

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Don't think so. My application is Family Class which is not subject to the quota, but I've been waiting for 58 days already.

Besides, if they wanted to drag things out, they could do that during the application processing before approval (portal 1 email).
Yea makes sense. Thanks.

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Just some random thought. For those waiting for eCOPR for 45days+, is there by any chance that you went outside the country within the past few months? I'm really curious how the "virtual landing queue" works. Because as of now, nothing seems to be making sense. They can't ask us to keep waiting when we see people with later Portal 2 getting their eCOPR faster. Also, I can't understand how it's taking this long when their only task now is to validate that you are within Canada (which can really easily be automated).

gscruz

Sep 27, 2019
Just some random thought. For those waiting for eCOPR for 45days+, is there by any chance that you went outside the country within the past few months? I'm really curious how the "virtual landing queue" works. Because as of now, nothing seems to be making sense. They can't ask us to keep waiting when we see people with later Portal 2 getting their eCOPR faster. Also, I can't understand how it's taking this long when their only task now is to validate that you are within Canada (which can really easily be automated).
In my case, no, I didn’t went outside the country. I really don’t understand as well, it’s just an eCoPR why would they take months just to send it. How can the PR card processing time move without it? What about those who wants to travel and already have their tickets? Ugh it’s so frustrating and it’s really hard feeling anxious everyday bc of this

gscruz

Sep 27, 2019
If they need to verify we are physically in Canada why not have us report to a Service Canada office with our passport. Gotta be easier than whatever method they are using. If they actually need to verify our presence beyond the declaration that is.
Years ago, they were asked to go to an office for an interview and hand them the eCoPR right after they verify their presence. Idk what happened now

Reactions: maple_steve