+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

AP26

Oct 6, 2023
There are some theories, but nobody knows for sure. It just seems random. IRCC says there's a queue, but it's clearly not based on portal submission dates alone.

The leading theory is that it's based on eCOPR expiry dates, i.e. the sooner the expiry date, the sooner you get the eCOPR. This makes sense since I don't think they can issue an already expired eCOPR, so they might prioritize those whose eCOPR is expiring soon. The expiry date is usually the same as the medical expiry date.

However, I'm pretty sure someone with a July 2024 eCOPR expiry date already got their eCOPR even though there are people waiting (such as myself) with a June 2024 expiry date. Although, they did have to wait a very long time (50+ days) from portal submission as well.

So the queue is probably based on multiple criteria: 1) portal submission date, 2) eCOPR expiry date, 3) stream?
Might be prioritizing other types of application then PR such as student or family sponsorship or something else.

AMSeq

Star Member
May 8, 2023
No, all sections in the tracker went green as completed on OCT 03, but I received no email as of today.

What's your case, did you receive at least the first email after all sections in the tracker got completed? Also, just wondering what's the first email content?
I got Final Decision on GC Key on Oct 16. Tracker updated with Background check completed on Oct 17. I called IRCC yesterday and the agent said that all checks are complete and no ADR, no pending emails/correspondence. What's surprising is that my SVO is Etobicoke which is generally very quick with Portal 1 (normally within 48 hrs of Final Decision). I am really confused as to what they are waiting for.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
There are some theories, but nobody knows for sure. It just seems random. IRCC says there's a queue, but it's clearly not based on portal submission dates alone.

The leading theory is that it's based on eCOPR expiry dates, i.e. the sooner the expiry date, the sooner you get the eCOPR. This makes sense since I don't think they can issue an already expired eCOPR, so they might prioritize those whose eCOPR is expiring soon. The expiry date is usually the same as the medical expiry date.

However, I'm pretty sure someone with a July 2024 eCOPR expiry date already got their eCOPR even though there are people waiting (such as myself) with a June 2024 expiry date. Although, they did have to wait a very long time (50+ days) from portal submission as well.

So the queue is probably based on multiple criteria: 1) portal submission date, 2) eCOPR expiry date, 3) stream?

Or, the queue is a lie and they just pick applications at random.
Thanks. Hopefully we get it soon. The wait is getting very stressful. Travel booked for 10th Jan so hoping to get it before then.

Reactions: Seej

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023

Or, the queue is a lie and they just pick applications at random.
This post stressed me out, my Med expires in early march 2024, I don't even have my eCOPR yet. Today all are complete in the Tracker, I have to get both portals and then COPR assuming that will take minimum 4-5 weeks it sounds like I will be in a mess if everything don't align.

Last edited:

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Might be prioritizing other types of application then PR such as student or family sponsorship or something else.
I think we can definitely cross out student from the list. Been waiting since Sept 8 and Marc Miller is not announcing any full-time work extension. End of year is fast approaching and I'm not sure what's causing the delay. Seems like they are not trying to resolve their issues. :(

Dutchie1

Jul 18, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
This post stressed me out, my Med expires in early march 2024, I don't even have my eCOPR yet. Today all are complete in the Tracker, I have to get both portals and then COPR assuming that will take minimum 4-5 weeks it sounds like I will be in a mess if everything don't align.
Hey i finally see you got your background done! Finally!! Congrats :)

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
I got Final Decision on GC Key on Oct 16. Tracker updated with Background check completed on Oct 17. I called IRCC yesterday and the agent said that all checks are complete and no ADR, no pending emails/correspondence. What's surprising is that my SVO is Etobicoke which is generally very quick with Portal 1 (normally within 48 hrs of Final Decision). I am really confused as to what they are waiting for.
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Final decision is showing 15th Oct, SVO is Etobicoke, they said they have only drafted my COPR (not sure what that means), but have still not sent out the email! The wait is getting stressful by the day!
Please do update if you receive any email!

Thanks!

NavS1

Oct 20, 2023
PR Confirmation e-mail & asking for more info - sent my info on September 14, 2023
Email with PR Portal credentials - September 25, 2023
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - September 25, 2023
eCoPR generation date - In review with IRCC
GU on GC Key - Pending
PR Card approved on GC key - Pending
PR Cards received - Pending
VO - Vancouver

It’s been a month waiting for my eCoPR. Did anyone receive their eCoPR already? Do you know how long is it to process? I already called an IRCC agent, and they just told me to wait. Also, I already sent a Webform, still nothing.
Almost same case, still waiting for eCOPR since September 29