+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
Hello. Can someone help me with this question. How long might pass between my medical exams are approved and the fact that I have to declare that I am in Canada? Thanks

FieldZhang

Jun 13, 2023
My tracker shows that all my stages turned to green on Oct 6th, but the COPR is still not available on my tracker. There is nothing update on my IRCC account, is it normal?

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
We completed the virtual landing on October 5.

Will the dependanoutside of Canada receive passport requests at this stage?

Or do they have to wait until the principal applicant receives the e-COPR?

For those with dependents, do they just visit the embassy with the letter received BEFORE the principal applicant completed their virtual landing?
You might have to call and remind IRCC that your dependents have not yet received a passport request. When I got P2 my dependent still did not receive PPR, I called and the next day she got it.

What was your experience with virtual landing? How long did it take?

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
I have a question, I hope according to your experience, you can help me. I just received the approval to do my medicals on October 5th. However, I need to travel for business from Nov 11 to Nov 20. I might try to do the medicals at the end of October. Do you think it is possible that I can receive any notification like the PR confirmation mail etc before my travel? Should I contact IRCC and let them know that I need to travel during those days? Thanks.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
I have a question, I hope according to your experience, you can help me. I just received the approval to do my medicals on October 5th. However, I need to travel for business from Nov 11 to Nov 20. I might try to do the medicals at the end of October. Do you think it is possible that I can receive any notification like the PR confirmation mail etc before my travel? Should I contact IRCC and let them know that I need to travel during those days? Thanks.
Are you saying that you will be doing your medical at the end of October? And you're wondering if you will get portal 1 before November 11? I guess it's possible but that would be miraculous.

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
Are you saying that you will be doing your medical at the end of October? And you're wondering if you will get portal 1 before November 11? I guess it's possible but that would be miraculous.
Hahaha ok. How many days until getting to portal 1? it is just lately as soon as I send a form they are answering at the next day so I am a little scare.

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
Hello. Can you please explain me what PAL means? sorry I am new in this forum. I just received my authorization for medical on October 5th. Thanks for your help

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
Hello. Can you please explain me what PAL means? sorry I am new in this forum. I just received my authorization for medical on October 5th. Thanks for your help
PAL is your prearrival letter, even if you're in Canada you can still get it. It usually means that you have met the eligibility requirements and that your backgrounds checks have either started or are already underway.
Have you already been asked for a police clearance check? Or have you submitted one along with your application?

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
PAL is your prearrival letter, even if you're in Canada you can still get it. It usually means that you have met the eligibility requirements and that your backgrounds checks have either started or are already underway.
Have you already been asked for a police clearance check? Or have you submitted one along with your application?
Thanks for your answer and explanation. I received an Invitation to Pre-arrival services.This is my status:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Review of additional documents: October 4, 2023 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for your answer and explanation. I received an Invitation to Pre-arrival services.This is my status:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Review of additional documents: October 4, 2023 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Well it seems you have met eligibility requirements. The background check is probably the longest part of the process. Hang in there, it takes a while. You might have time to make your business trip and come back.