+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
I got email asking information as height, eyes colour on july 26, i replied on same day however i already have PR portal account as i applied under RNIP through this portal, still waiting for response for PR Portal credentials...
when can i expect credentials or i will not get username and password as i already have account on pr portal....
Also I want to go my country after 3 weeks...
Please tell if anybody knows...
all depends on your VO. If your VO is Montreal, expect a 25-30 day wait for portal 2 email.

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Received my portal 2 today!

My timeline:
Portal 1: July 20th (Replied on the same day)
Portal 2: August 15th (Replied on the same day) 26 DAYS
eCOPR: Waiting.
I already had a user name and password for the portal (probably the reason for the delay)
I sent a reminder every week

VO Montreal
did your photo trigger a “this picture is too bright or too dark” warning?

SophieWitwe

Aug 5, 2023
there is a theory within members of this portal that the applicants that already opened a user name in the PR PORTAL will have a delay in the response of portal 2
I had an account in the PR Portal as I applied through there, and it took 1 week from Portal 1 to Portal 2. While replying to Portal 1 email, I stated that I already had an account within the PR Portal.

Reactions: Shabanoo

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
I know.... i just asked when you receive the portal 1 invitation (when you answer about your eyes color ect) just to know if they answered at this email or a reminder with the message you shared (about they are processing but have delay and be patient ect)
yeh received email yesterday asking me to give them some more time to process.. i thought the portal 1 is for the virtual landing

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
the process for pr confirmation portal is really confusing and heartbreaking... i received a READY FOR VISA E-MAIL August 3 for my dependents outland.. replied and complied same day.. but sadly my dependents passports was returned to them today saying that they cant process their visa yet because I (principal applicant) should land first as PR virtually... why would they send as a READY FOR VISA EMAIL if they cant process it yet.. why not send me my PR confirmation portal account first so that I can land virtually first before sending me a RFV email??????????????????

HK0210

Feb 9, 2023
I got email asking information as height, eyes colour on july 26, i replied on same day however i already have PR portal account as i applied under RNIP through this portal, still waiting for response for PR Portal credentials...
when can i expect credentials or i will not get username and password as i already have account on pr portal....
Also I want to go my country after 3 weeks...
Please tell if anybody knows...
Hi, Hope this helps. I created an account myself in PR portal and I got the email as mentioned below:

This email is to notify you that a new permanent residence confirmation case has been created under your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.

To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

My timelines are:
Portal 1 Email: 9th August, replied on same day and got an automated reply.
I created the portal account on 14th August and got Portal 2 email as the message mentioned above on 14th August, replied on same day and waiting for eCOPR

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi folks,
If we upload the picture on the portal and it happens to be rejected in the future due to brightness, does this mean eCOPR will also be delayed?

or is the eCOPR dependent on the declaration alone and the picture is separate from this declaration and used only for the PR card?

Reactions: SophieWitwe

Kianpouyan

Aug 7, 2021
Hi folks,
If we upload the picture on the portal and it happens to be rejected in the future due to brightness, does this mean eCOPR will also be delayed?

or is the eCOPR dependent on the declaration alone and the picture is separate from this declaration and used only for the PR card?
It’s completely separate. The photo is just used for PR card