+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

3pleM

Mar 3, 2023
For those of you with dependants, should we include their details along with our email? Or do we send it separately through their mailboxes?

krithi28

Dec 2, 2022
Hi guys,
Did anyone receive portal email before background check completion?
In my case, I have received both my portal emails but still my background check shows this - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Does this mean PCC is still under process or completed? Quite confusing!

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hi guys,
Did anyone receive portal email before background check completion?
In my case, I have received both my portal emails but still my background check shows this - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Does this mean PCC is still under process or completed? Quite confusing!
IRCC account is lagged. Check your ECAS.

krithi28

Dec 2, 2022
It shows this in ECAS,

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
It shows this in ECAS,

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
You most be doing something wrong.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do go to that website and enter the information

Karl62

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
I did it in one email, my agent suggested me to do so.
Yes, It’s mention in IRCC instruction you got along with portal1 mail “In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable). If you are not sure of the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate. IRCC requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.”

checkmate23

Apr 23, 2023
Hi All, does getting portal one mean you have your COPR? What is COPR difference eCOPR( i googled this but didn’t get the clear answer) I see COPR number in tracker. If so can I travel on TRV after getting portal 1 only? The response will be greatly appreciated

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi All, does getting portal one mean you have your COPR? What is COPR difference eCOPR( i googled this but didn’t get the clear answer) I see COPR number in tracker. If so can I travel on TRV after getting portal 1 only? The response will be greatly appreciated
I recommend you wait to travel until your receive your eCOPR. Getting portal 1 means you got your PR application approved. However, getting your pr application approved and getting pr status are two different things. Once the pr application is approved, you have to confirm you’re in Canada through the landing process. This is done on the PR portal and until you don’t receive your portal 2 email and don’t receive your eCOPR after that, I recommend you don’t travel. If you do travel, it will definitely cause delays and you may not get your eCOPR until you return.

This is not legal advice. This is just my perspective on things.

Last edited: