+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

lsri0758

Sep 29, 2023
Did you do any follows up etc? Also did you have existing PR portal account?
Yes i did follow up couple of times but no proper response from them. I don't think I have an existing PR portal account. Is there a way to check if i have an existing account ?

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Yes i did follow up couple of times but no proper response from them. I don't think I have an existing PR portal account. Is there a way to check if i have an existing account ?
How did you summit your application, if you summited through portal account then link to gckey account?
I summitted through portal account then linked to gckey account and when I got my portal 1, I informed them about my existing portal account and they just added the information to it. Contacted them through web form it took a week for portal 2.

Kpant34

Star Member
May 2, 2023
How did you summit your application, if you summited through portal account then link to gckey account?
I summitted through portal account then linked to gckey account and when I got my portal 1, I informed them about my existing portal account and they just added the information to it. Contacted them through web form it took a week for portal 2.
hmm I did this summited through portal account then link to gckey account? and have portal account already for the filling purpose but provided different email address in the portal 1 response not sure if that is causing the delay.

lsri0758

Sep 29, 2023
I got an email from IRCC about portal1(IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal) I replied with all my details in the same email. I got a confirmation email that they recived my portal1 details.

Reactions: Seej

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I got an email from IRCC about portal1(IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal) I replied with all my details in the same email. I got a confirmation email that they recived my portal1 details.
Yes, normal they send an automatic email.

lsri0758

Sep 29, 2023
Yes, normal they send an automatic email.
I got this PDF for step1 and i replied all my details to IRCC email.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada, provide
your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a requirement to
become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a Canadian address is a
requirement to receive your permanent resident card.
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access the
portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a
representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must forward this
message to your client.

Reactions: Seej

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
hmm I did this summited through portal account then link to gckey account? and have portal account already for the filling purpose but provided different email address in the portal 1 response not sure if that is causing the delay.
Not sure if that might cause the delay.