+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Raj S

Aug 5, 2023
Wow that’s long! What stream did you apply in? Express entry or non express entry?
Express entry PNP got my application approved in two months but the portal two has almost taken a month for me. I am not quite surprised as some people get it even after a month. I called IRCC just last Friday and they said it is good from my side and that sometimes it takes time. For now i am just enjoying the fact my application is approved by gods grace

Reactions: Kianpouyan

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Express entry PNP got my application approved in two months but the portal two has almost taken a month for me. I am not quite surprised as some people get it even after a month. I called IRCC just last Friday and they said it is good from my side and that sometimes it takes time. For now i am just enjoying the fact my application is approved by gods grace
did you try the “forgot password” method on the pr portal?

sometimes your account is already created and you’ve just not received the email.

Raj S

Aug 5, 2023
did you try the “forgot password” method on the pr portal?

sometimes your account is already created and you’ve just not received the email.
I already have PR portal as I created one out of curiosity and I check it on regular basis but nothing in it as of now. My representative advised me to make another email account and reply back to portal 1 with new email address as it worked for client of their who had similar issues as mine will update if it works for me.

But as a matter of fact one thing is for sure if you already have PR portal account created with the email address you provide for portal 2 creation it takes twice the time so I would advice everyone if they already have a PR portal account do not give it out for creation of portal 2 and if you already have provided that and not getting response try making a new email address and reply to Portal 1 again and it might work out

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
I already have PR portal as I created one out of curiosity and I check it on regular basis but nothing in it as of now. My representative advised me to make another email account and provide that one for portal 2 creation so let's see which one rolls out first.

But as a matter of fact one thing is for sure if you already have PR portal account created with the email address you provide for portal 2 creation it takes twice the time so I would advice everyone if they already have a PR portal account do not give it out for creation of portal 2 and if you already have provided that and not getting response try making a new email address and reply to Portal 1 again and it might work out
So for your case i think the delay is purely because you went ahead and created your own account before you needed to. IRCC explicitly states on their website that if you don’t have an account, do not create an account or it may lead to delays.

For non express entry candidates however, applicants need to create the account to actually apply for PR. IRCC is aware of this and for non express entry candidates, a new account is not created but a “tab” is added to their existing account where you can upload your photo and confirm your residence. The portal 2 email for non express entry candidates is different from express entry candidates.

express entry candidates receive login credentials while non express entry get a notification that basically reads something along the lines of: a new case has been added to your PR Portal account. Please log in to address this.

Reactions: SophieWitwe

Raj S

Aug 5, 2023
So for your case i think the delay is purely because you went ahead and created your own account before you needed to. IRCC explicitly states on their website that if you don’t have an account, do not create an account or it may lead to delays.

For non express entry candidates however, applicants need to create the account to actually apply for PR. IRCC is aware of this and for non express entry candidates, a new account is not created but a “tab” is added to their existing account where you can upload your photo and confirm your residence. The portal 2 email for non express entry candidates is different from express entry candidates.

express entry candidates receive login credentials while non express entry get a notification that basically reads something along the lines of: a new case has been added to your PR Portal account. Please log in to address this.
Yes you are right and because of that I am facing delays. But yes damage is already done and all I can do at the moment is just wait

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Yes you are right and because of that I am facing delays. But yes damage is already done and all I can do at the moment is just wait
just wait buddy. It’s all good don’t worry.
What has your representative said? Since you received your PR portal 1 email, is this an approval in your case?

And what does your representative say about the following: do you still have to maintain your nomination certificate conditions (i.e. still being employed by your current employer, living in the province etc). Bcz I’m thinking that if you still do, then i recommend that if you still have to maintain your nomination conditions, you should until you get your eCOPR. However, if your representative says that this is not required bcz ircc will only contact you with portal 1 if your application is approved, i’d still recommend you continue with the conditions until you receive your eCOPR.

Raj S

Aug 5, 2023
just wait buddy. It’s all good don’t worry.
What has your representative said? Since you received your PR portal 1 email, is this an approval in your case?

And what does your representative say about the following: do you still have to maintain your nomination certificate conditions (i.e. still being employed by your current employer, living in the province etc). Bcz I’m thinking that if you still do, then i recommend that if you still have to maintain your nomination conditions, you should until you get your eCOPR. However, if your representative says that this is not required bcz ircc will only contact you with portal 1 if your application is approved, i’d still recommend you continue with the conditions until you receive your eCOPR.
My representative stated to maintain my employment status the same way with the employer who helped me with my PNP until I get my landing paper I.e, ECOPR as it is a requirment

mirandaxxx

Jul 14, 2023
Guys I finally got my portal 2 at 5am PST today.
Here’s my timeline for portal. VO Montreal.
Portal 1: July 27,2023
Replied on same day.
Sent around four to five reminder email.
Submitted countless webforms.
Portal 2: Aug 13,2023
Upload photos on same day.
Duration: 17days
ECOPR: still waiting

Reactions: Shabanoo