+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I received portal 1 on July 13 and still waiting for portal 2. Any other person here?
Unlike you, I haven't been waiting for a prolonged period, but I did respond on same day August 2nd, and unfortunately, I haven't received a response yet. I also submitted a webform, but that hasn't yielded any response/results either.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
I think Montreal VO needs to speed up things, not sure why do they have a manual process for creating account for PR portal.
They should be able to send a unique code to the email (as part of portal 1 email) for signing up on PR Portal.

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Unlike you, I haven't been waiting for a prolonged period, but I did respond on same day August 2nd, and unfortunately, I haven't received a response yet. I also submitted a webform, but that hasn't yielded any response/results either.
I hope you get yours as soon as possible. Dealing with IRCC is one of fastest way to get HBP

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
What email did you receive portal 1 from? Is it the same email as vo montreal?
portal 1 email is email about confirming presence in canada. My VO is Etobicoke.

"Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no
undue delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your
Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card."

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
If she’s an outland applicant, you’ll get PPR (Passport Request) and not portal request. If she’s planning on waiting with you (in Canada) for her process to be finish, you can send a webform saying that she’s in Canada and they will update it.
Here where i got confused…. My wife details already send to vo outside canada as she is outlander and she didn’t get any response from them now you said you gonna get passport request so how come they request passport with doin biometric/ medical check ? I included here with my application when i applied for pr ( protected person pathway ) hope if you can elaborate more so i can have an idea what will happen next TIA

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
Here where i got confused…. My wife details already send to vo outside canada as she is outlander and she didn’t get any response from them now you said you gonna get passport request so how come they request passport without doin biometric/ medical check ? I included here with my application when i applied for pr ( protected person pathway ) hope if you can elaborate more so i can have an idea what will happen next TIA

HK0210

Feb 9, 2023
Hi, I got the same message yesterday from Etobicoke. Do you have any idea how long it will take for next one. Thank you

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
portal 1 email is email about confirming presence in canada. My VO is Etobicoke.

"Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the
confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through
the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no
undue delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your
Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card."
i meant email address. What email sent you portal 1?