+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Thank you for the reply. I'm in ontario, brampton to be exact.
And the lady that i talked over the phone said the exact same thing, that only certain offices accept this letter, so she booked me in in one of this.
can you share which exact location they booked you at (who accepted this letter for health card). And do you need to book an appointment or we can just walk in. Thanks

JamTur

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
can you share which exact location they booked you at (who accepted this letter for health card). And do you need to book an appointment or we can just walk in. Thanks
The only Service Ontario in Brampton that accepts clients that are new PR is located at 1 Gateway Boulevard Brampton, Ontario L6T 0G3. If you don't book an appointment I doubt you will get in. I recently went without an appointment I didn't get in because they were overbooked with appointments.

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thank you for the reply. I'm in ontario, brampton to be exact.
And the lady that i talked over the phone said the exact same thing, that only certain offices accept this letter, so she booked me in in one of this.
No worries and good to know. Made my appointment on October 7th and just got my OHIP card today in the mail. Definitely faster and more effective that IRCC hahaha

serena.victor

Oct 29, 2019
Update - We got our permanent resident cards for myself and my two dependants today (Oct 18th) by mail. This is 13 days after eCOPR. It is best to link your permanent resident card application to your cic.gc.ca account after receiving eCOPR. I linked my account October 8 and on Oct 12th, I got an update there that my card has been mailed to me, which I received today. Meanwhile my permanent resident portal account still says, address accepted, but photo in review. Best of luck.......
Hey, what's your visa office?

pooya7

Oct 8, 2021
*** Update No. 2:

TR to PR program (Graduation/English language):

1. When did you receive an email asking for information? Tue, Oct 5, 8:49 AM
2. When did you receive your log in details for the portal? Tue, Oct 5, 8:49 AM
3. When did you declare your presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal? Tue, Oct 5, 8:49 AM
4. When did you receive ECOPR? Thu, Oct 7, 5:38 PM
5. What is the VO? Vancouver, BC
6. When was your photo confirmed in the portal? Wed, Oct 20, 11:10 AM
7. When did you receive your PR card in the mail? Thu, Oct 21

*So, it took 14 days (2 weeks) to get PR card in mailbox after receiving eCoPR.*

*** Wish luck for everyone.

serena.victor

Oct 29, 2019
Hi there, sharing my timeline:

VO - Etobicoke
My location - Toronto
No dependants

Mar 5th - applied for PR
Oct 7th - email asking for credentials, emailed back on the same day
Oct 8th - access to portal, uploaded address and photo
Oct 14th - received eCOPR, address approved
Oct 15th - linked to CIC account
Now - waiting for PR card...

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
How
Hi there, sharing my timeline:

VO - Etobicoke
My location - Toronto
No dependants

Mar 5th - applied for PR
Oct 7th - email asking for credentials, emailed back on the same day
Oct 8th - access to portal, uploaded address and photo
Oct 14th - received eCOPR, address approved
Oct 15th - linked to CIC account
Now - waiting for PR card...
how to linked to CIC account?

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Here’s my timeline

VO - Vancouver
CEC inland with 3 dependents

May 1 - AOR
Oct 18 - portal email received and replied the same day
Oct 19 - received credentials email
Oct 20 - submitted photos and address
Oct 21 - received eCoPR

waiting for PR cards

Reactions: pistachios2015

BtownPGP

Oct 13, 2021
Seems like OSC VLU is quite behind with sending eCOPR and PR Cards. I see other VOs giving eCOPR and PR cards sooner than VLU, just my observation. Any thoughts?

bliern

Aug 20, 2018
After a 9-week wait for my portal credentials, I received my eCoPR yesterday! This was one day after receiving my portal credentials and then signing the declaration, confirming my address and uploading my photo. I'm now waiting for IRCC to review my address and photo, and then to receive my physical PR card. I don't know my processing office, but I am in Québec.

Between the initial portal letter and receiving my portal credentials, I emailed IRCC 7 or 8 times; submitted the web form (as did my lawyer); tried calling IRCC; and contacted two members of parliament whose offices demanded information from IRCC on my behalf. I received no communications or information from IRCC through these efforts, but maybe they helped--I don't know.

Here's my timeline in full:
    • April 28: Mailed paper PR application
    • April 30: Courier confirmed delivery
    • May 04: IRCC received
    • November 11: AoR stating May 04 receipt
    • July 14: Biometrics and medical request
    • August 14: Initial portal letter
    • August 17: Emailed them my info
    • October 20: Received credentials
    • October 20: Signed declaration of presence in Canada, confirmed address, uploaded photo
    • October 21: Received eCoPR

Last edited: