+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Got My first GU

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Received an email back from Etobicoke IRCC today, I emailed them asking when I could expect my PR card as I needed it for travel. They just sent back a generic message saying

"At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.
We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards. "

They went on to mention how I could use my COPR document as proof of PR for government benefits etc (But not for travel which I what I was asking about)

My question is why is Etobicoke the ONLY office having these issues? COVID has been around for almost 2 years now this is no longer an acceptable excuse. Why are other offices getting the cards produced within weeks, and why is the work not being distributed?
You are totally right!! They can’t use “covid” for their excuses.

its_rohit27

Star Member
Jun 27, 2021
Just spoke to a really nice agent from IRCC, she said few applications for PR Card are still in progress. Currently, April 16 applications are being finalized for PR Card. She said for mine (May 10 eCoPR) give or take 1-2 months more. No errors in Card.

sarbpreet

May 16, 2021
Received an email back from Etobicoke IRCC today, I emailed them asking when I could expect my PR card as I needed it for travel. They just sent back a generic message saying

"At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.
We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards. "

They went on to mention how I could use my COPR document as proof of PR for government benefits etc (But not for travel which I what I was asking about)

My question is why is Etobicoke the ONLY office having these issues? COVID has been around for almost 2 years now this is no longer an acceptable excuse. Why are other offices getting the cards produced within weeks, and why is the work not being distributed?
seriously the same response I got from them, even my case was so urgent like I want to see my Grandparents ASAP.

casualpunx

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Just spoke to a really nice agent from IRCC, she said few applications for PR Card are still in progress. Currently, April 16 applications are being finalized for PR Card. She said for mine (May 10 eCoPR) give or take 1-2 months more. No errors in Card.
I hope this is true, so my question is why do some people get their pr card before other applicants like they got their Ecopr in September and also PR card 2 weeks later.