+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Jun 24, 2021
Hey anyone know about how long ECOPR take after submitting photo and addres. I am waiting from last 15 days. If anyone has any information pls let me know. Thx

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Same here, lost my aunt, father had a heart surgery and my brother’s marriage is next month. Have been waiting since April 06, and mailed IRCC, got a standard COVID-19 excuse reply. While portal applications are getting faster response, isn’t it fair and just to apply them for people waiting for so long (first come first serve)? Just because a process changed, shouldn’t mean people in queue already, get punished for no reason. The process change should have been applied to everyone who is waiting and then move forward by their approval dates.
Yes. Very unfair processing of PR cards. Not so Canadian thing. Waited over 7 months for COPR(lucky to get it that time). Another 6 months for the card.

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
“We have a very large volume of photos to process. This is not an automated process and as such we are given lists each day to do. It will depend on the day that your photos were received and how many others were received as to when it will get processed manually and sent to the processing centre. Please be patient as we work through all the applications.
Thank you,”

Above is a reply from an officer at Calgary visa office. A flat out beautiful lies. That it depends on the day your photos were received and how many were received…bla bla! Meanwhile it has taken some people 2 weeks to get their cards while others are still waiting for two months and counting. There’s something fishy about the way they process these cards. They simply are processing cards on different criterion and not according to time sequence of photos receipt. I hate everything about what they do now with all the applications.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Does a ghost update mean an email or when you login to your GCKey account you can see Application/Profile updated and then you don't see any updates? Can someone clarify?

Tiffyc88

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
How does a Ghost update look like? Is it received in email/status updated in CIC linked application?
A ghost update shows “Application/ Profile Updated” under current status on your CIC online account for the linked application. Normally when you see this update and click on it, status will revert to ‘Submitted’ again. No emails sent- that’s why it’s referred to as a ‘Ghost Update’ by many.

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Sorry to hear that. I think u can apply for urgent pr card because u lost grandma
I called MP Office today mroning and explianed the situation. They said, we cannot do anything to process pr card faster. we wsih we could help . :-| and i said it is so unfair people in the portal are getting update and we are waiting since these many months and even though the emergecny situation we cannot travel. They said--- i know, process changes day by day due to covid.

I feel this is so unfair, if that is the case, they can send portal reuest to people who are waiting as well. Otherthan covid 19 execuses/

• Angry
Reactions: Fadros

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
I called MP Office today mroning and explianed the situation. They said, we cannot do anything to process pr card faster. we wsih we could help . :-| and i said it is so unfair people in the portal are getting update and we are waiting since these many months and even though the emergecny situation we cannot travel. They said--- i know, process changes day by day due to covid.

I feel this is so unfair, if that is the case, they can send portal reuest to people who are waiting as well. Otherthan covid 19 execuses/
but it has nothing to do with the portal and nothing to do with MP office. Its regulated by IRCC. in 6 weeks they produce the card for emergency situation

Reactions: anusanker12

55michan

Jan 18, 2021
Does anybody know how long does Etobicoke office recently take to mail PR card?
I got my eCoPR in June and my picture is still in review with IRCC in portal.
Your inputs are very appreciated!!