+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Hi,

How do I know if they receive my photo or not? My CoPR is Feb 3, sent photo a few days later (2 - 3 days). No GU received.

Meanwhile, I see "Your document has expired" for my CoPR under document status section of my Permanent Residency application but CoPR should at least valid for one year as I know. Should I worry about this?

Thanks
You should check with your post delivery service, they should clarify the delivery date with you

lirik

Jun 26, 2021
COPR - Jan 29, 2021
Photos delivered - Feb 10, 2021
Card approved and mailed - Jun 22, 2021
Card received - Jun 25, 2021

I was worried the photo would get rejected. Took it together with the digital one, at the document submission stage. It was 5 months old by the time I sent it, which didn't bother me as I was not yet aware of the processing delays. Luckily, they accepted it - envelope had a tracking #, so I wonder if they actually traced the delivery date to make a decision.

Good luck Everyone

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Can someone please tell me what will happen if the Copr expires before getting your pr card, what will happen?
COPR never expired. Its for travel . You can get your permanent sin and health card with copr. If you are in canada COPR expiry doesn’t matter

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Can someone please tell me what will happen if the Copr expires before getting your pr card, what will happen?
I don't think it is possible in this Covid situation, IRCC will reissue it or will tell you that it will ba valid for longer period of time

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Now IRCC dealing with the people who are outside of Canada and their COPRs been expired, they are aware of this situation. So don't worry, will get your PR card soon

Doya2kute

Jun 20, 2021
I got my copr through the portal dated feb 18, 2021, however my photos weren't taken correctly so they had requested another in which I mailed out on March 15.. so I'm waiting on my card...(I'm in canada)

Reactions: Jasaman

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,

You can ask your friend to courier your PR card to India if you plan to travel and in case you don’t receive your card by then.
PS: I am at present in India and received my COPR today morning. And I did research your concern.

Thanks!
Did you contact IRCC to check if inland CoPR is valid while applicant is outside Canada?

Doya2kute

Jun 20, 2021
really? Someone said that IRCC agent said to email the photos, and I thought you were going to allow you the same
Yea I saw that post, but it wasnt me mailed it off, it was my representative.. I know mayb if it was emailed I would probably got the pr card already... sighs... I'm not even sure if they using the photo received date or the copr..