+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Got below reply-- so they confirmed all Jan has completed and Feb is running.

"Good Day,

Thank you for your inquiry.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high inventory of first time PR card applications.

Applications received in February 2021 are now in process.

We are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards.

Please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for all our clients.

If you sent your documents by registered post or courier, please use your tracking details for confirmation of delivery.

While you wait for your PR card, you can use your signed COPR document (if you have one), or the COPR letter confirming permanent resident status to:

• prove that you’re a permanent resident in Canada, and

• apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for, for example, to apply for your social insurance number so you can work.

For any further questions, please contact our Client Support Centre:

Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

Web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .

This email is continuously monitored to ensure that case specific questions are directed to the proper office and responded to in a timely manner.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

IRCC Etobicoke

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

Just wanted to update. I received my PR card today.

COPR date is 13th Jan. For the last six months, i was not able to link my PR card application. Also, customer support also could not find my application in the system. It was so frustrating. Every time they would just ask us to wait and tell us about covid delays.

Surprisingly I saw my PR card in the mail today. After receiving the card, i called IRCC to ask when did my PR card application show in the system. They said it was in the system on 18th June and approved on 21st June.

So if somebody is in a similar situation. I would say things are looking better with the ease in covid restrictions. Keep calling IRCC to know the latest status.

Thank you everyone for the support. I wish good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Think it’s almost PR card delivery time for me
Got a GU today on my PR card application
First email- May 31
Second email(credentials) - June 2
ECOPR - June 3 (linked PR card application the same day)
PR card GU- Today June 24

Reactions: Silver Star

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Think it’s almost PR card delivery time for me
Got a GU today on my PR card application
First email- May 31
Second email(credentials) - June 2
ECOPR - June 3 (linked PR card application the same day)
PR card GU- Today June 24
Thats fast, i guess through the portal