+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi, was wondering if anyone can advise anything regarding my situation. I got my AOR in November 2019. I got my CoPR back in May 2020 from the Winnipeg office and have been waiting for my PR card since then. I have sent my photos twice to them, raised 5 webforms with the same reply that application is being processed. I have been also calling them once a month to enquire about the application and have been getting same replies there too. Can anyone please advise how to proceed?
if more than six months than call and send new application

Rsbh93

Jun 18, 2021
if more than six months than call and send new application
Yes I've done that twice. This month when I called the phone rep told me that they have the photos and the office is processing the application and I can't do anything about it since they are going to take their own sweet time doing it.

Doya2kute

Jun 20, 2021
I got my pr through the new portal on February 18, 2021 but I got an email saying my photos was wrong so I resent thought the mail on March 12... does anyone know if o would get pushed back because of the initial incorrect photos?.. I still haven't received my PR card.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi, was wondering if anyone can advise anything regarding my situation. I got my AOR in November 2019. I got my CoPR back in May 2020 from the Winnipeg office and have been waiting for my PR card since then. I have sent my photos twice to them, raised 5 webforms with the same reply that application is being processed. I have been also calling them once a month to enquire about the application and have been getting same replies there too. Can anyone please advise how to proceed?
It has been more than a year since you are a PR. As of today, you have no documentation to prove you are a PR since the COPR is only usable for one year. Contact your MP and explain the situation. If I were in your shoes I would also contact the media. It's ridiculous not to have a PR card after 13 months.

Rsbh93

Jun 18, 2021
It has been more than a year since you are a PR. As of today, you have no documentation to prove you are a PR since the COPR is only usable for one year. Contact your MP and explain the situation. If I were in your shoes I would also contact the media. It's ridiculous not to have a PR card after 13 months.
Yes that' what I'm trying to do now, will contact the MP office regarding the situation as well. Hopefully, they'll be able to help. Thank you!

Stefanija89.

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi!
Copr Feb 19 through PR portal.
Linked to my Cic account as well.
Photos still in review .
Called many many times, same answer.
Raised web form no answer.
Anyone in the same boat or maybe got their card?
Not sure when exactly I should start bugging them

Reactions: Silver Star
Jun 21, 2021
Hi,

You can ask your friend to courier your PR card to India if you plan to travel and in case you don’t receive your card by then.
PS: I am at present in India and received my COPR today morning. And I did research your concern.

Thanks!
is legal ?.. I called ircc, they said sending through courier is not legal. Please reach out ircc for further clarification

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
COPR Date: 30 Jan 21, Photos delivered: 7 Feb 21
I received first GU just now!! (15 June 21)
What happens next? Are there more GU that will happen? How many days more after the first GU?
I received another update now.

"Final decision - June 21, 2021:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

"We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. "

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi!
Copr Feb 19 through PR portal.
Linked to my Cic account as well.
Photos still in review .
Called many many times, same answer.
Raised web form no answer.
Anyone in the same boat or maybe got their card?
Not sure when exactly I should start bugging them
COPR 18 Feb. No updates yet.