+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
IRCC will continue with the process and send PR card to the Canadian address.

Please refer this post for possible risks in this approach : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-timeline-etobicoke-office-only.712660/post-9375239
In some countries sending travel documents such as passport to another country is illegal. Not sure if there are any similar rules with PR cards.
I had a similar question if I send dependents to my home country while the PR card is in process in Canada. I will wait until I receive cards and travel to my home country to bring back dependents by carrying their cards with me?
What happens if an immigration officer at airport finds that a person carrying a PR card of another person to other countries.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
In some countries sending travel documents such as passport to another country is illegal. Not sure if there are any similar rules with PR cards.
I had a similar question if I send dependents to my home country while the PR card is in process in Canada. I will wait until I receive cards and travel to my home country to bring back dependents by carrying their cards with me?
What happens if an immigration officer at airport finds that a person carrying a PR card of another person to other countries.
As per IRCC operating procedures they use standard mail to send PR card, thats why they could not send it any address outside Canada.

I know many people who have done soft landing and PR cards were mailed to the address of their friends or relatives and later PR cards were sent to them by FedEx or other courier.

Did you find any reference, how this is illegal?

Some people have done it, please refer this thread : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-pr-card-outside-canada-via-courier.464454/

Last edited:
Reactions: aaryas and Fadros

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
No one cares, take them with you. Just in case, take some proof of family relationship with said person.

Reactions: aaryas and shashi_b

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi - I am an Inland Candidate (COPR - Jan 21) and I am waiting for my PR card from Etobicoke office. I had to travel to my home country due to an emergency and applied for PRTD. I just received my approval and now I am waiting for Visa Counter foil. In PRTD, I was asked to provide a Home Country address.

I am concerned that will IRCC mail my Card to the Home Country address? Or maybe they will hold on to issuing one till the time I am back in the country?

Anyone has any experience with such a thing? From what I gather, I should still get my PR card in Canada. But since I have not got any GU yet as others, I was getting concerned!!

SUKHUGILL

Jun 23, 2020
Hi - I am an Inland Candidate (COPR - Jan 21) and I am waiting for my PR card from Etobicoke office. I had to travel to my home country due to an emergency and applied for PRTD. I just received my approval and now I am waiting for Visa Counter foil. In PRTD, I was asked to provide a Home Country address.

I am concerned that will IRCC mail my Card to the Home Country address? Or maybe they will hold on to issuing one till the time I am back in the country?

Anyone has any experience with such a thing? From what I gather, I should still get my PR card in Canada. But since I have not got any GU yet as others, I was getting concerned!!
Hi
They don’t ship PR card outside of Canada.
They will mail it to your Canadian address.

“No. We do not mail PR cards outside of Canada. If you need to return to Canada and your PR card has expired or been lost or stolen, you will need to apply for a permanent resident travel document. It is only valid for one re-entry. You can apply for your PR card when you return to Canada.”
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=061&top=10

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021

They will not hold your PR card. Please keep a watch on PR card dispatch and ensure that some trusted relative/friend is here to receive it.

SandeepCanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019

From which country you applied for PRTD and how much time it takes for approval?

I think it should not impact your PR card but not sure what they do??

Adarsh Sharma

May 18, 2018
COPR 5 Feb, Photos Received 11 Feb,
I just logged into my account and it was very normal under submitted status, but when I clicked on my application it was not loading so when I refreshed the page, the application status got updated to application/application updated.

Not sure if it's a system glitch or GU.

Just wanted to update here if anyone from Feb faced similar situation.

SandeepCanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
I just logged into my account and it was very normal under submitted status, but when I clicked on my application it was not loading so when I refreshed the page, the application status got updated to application/application updated.

Not sure when I click on application status it goes to 502 bed request....

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
From which country you applied for PRTD and how much time it takes for approval?

I think it should not impact your PR card but not sure what they do??
Applied from India. Approval took just 6 business days. But due to VFS closure there is an endless wait for getting Counterfoil on passport.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020

System glitch.