+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
In some countries sending travel documents such as passport to another country is illegal. Not sure if there are any similar rules with PR cards.
I had a similar question if I send dependents to my home country while the PR card is in process in Canada. I will wait until I receive cards and travel to my home country to bring back dependents by carrying their cards with me?
What happens if an immigration officer at airport finds that a person carrying a PR card of another person to other countries.
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Could you please share any law/rules/guidelines from IRCC related to the following points ?

1. I know many people have done this as soft-landing, but is it legit to take PR card of family members or friends while traveling outside Canada.
2. Are there any implications for people while traveling back whose PR cards were issued while they were outside Canada? Will CBSA asks how did they receive PR card while they were outside Canada?

Thanks

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Could you please share any law/rules/guidelines from IRCC related to the following points ?

1. I know many people have done this as soft-landing, but is it legit to take PR card of family members or friends while traveling outside Canada.
2. Are there any implications for people while traveling back whose PR cards were issued while they were outside Canada? Will CBSA asks how did they receive PR card while they were outside Canada?

Thanks
Dont forget that you might be selected randomly for in person delivery in Canada, at this point you wont be able to get a card outside Canada, but you still can get a PR travel document and to travel with it

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Dont forget that you might be selected randomly for in person delivery in Canada, at this point you wont be able to get a card outside Canada, but you still can get a PR travel document and to travel with it
As I know in person delivery is for PR card renewal application.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: Silver Star

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Thanks

Reactions: shashi_b and aaryas

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Thanks
Hi I am doing the same thing. When PR Card arrives to the address I have on file, a family member will send the envelope to me via FedEx. Without opening the envelope this is a simple forwarding of mail where neither sender nor recipient is even aware of what is in the envelope prior to shipping. Due to covid there have been several instances where this has been done. Do not let anyone make you afraid. This is not illegal nor is it stated as illegal in any Canadian immigration law.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
You should have now completed the processing time ..why not you are raising a Webform??

As per the they are processing for Dec CoPRs:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-processing-time-etobicoke-ircc-timeline.719980/post-9401643
I have raised Webform request last week. Furthermore, I had contacted MP office and they received a reply from IRCC that my PR card is approved and sent for production. Hopefully will get it by mail soon.

Reactions: SandeepCanada