+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

student95

Apr 4, 2021
After receiving the PR card. We can travel in and out of Canada anytime using the card without any other documents, is that correct?

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
PR Confirmation Portal In my case, I received an email to confirm my and my dependent presence in Canada last week from Etobicoke. I responded to that email and received another email the next day with a PR Portal link to upload photos and confirm my address. I have done that and waiting for further updates. In PR Portal it says it with review with IRCC.

Do you know how long it will take for further updates?
I just received the email to confirm my and my dependents presence in Canada, in that email should I attach the photos. Also should I reply in separate emails for my dependents or in one email is sufficient

NAS29

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
I just received the email to confirm my and my dependents presence in Canada, in that email should I attach the photos. Also should I reply in separate emails for my dependents or in one email is sufficient
No. You should just respond to that email whether you are present in Canada and confirm. Post that you will receive another email. Here is the process.

Once we approve your application, we’ll
  • send you an invitation to confirm
    • if you want to use the portal
    • your email address
    • all email addresses for each person on your application
  • create an account for you (you can’t create one yourself)
  • send another email, after you confirm the above, with a link to the portal and instructions on how to sign in with your username and a temporary password
More info on the FAQ page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
No. You should just respond to that email whether you are present in Canada and confirm. Post that you will receive another email. Here is the process.

Once we approve your application, we’ll
  • send you an invitation to confirm
    • if you want to use the portal
    • your email address
    • all email addresses for each person on your application
  • create an account for you (you can’t create one yourself)
  • send another email, after you confirm the above, with a link to the portal and instructions on how to sign in with your username and a temporary password
More info on the FAQ page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html
Thanks a ton...

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Hi All..I submitted my photos in March end and like most of you, I am also waiting for my PR card..I have couple of questions..

1. Is there any impact on my PR card process if I move to a different country...I already know that they probably stop PR card processing if we apply for Travel Document from outside Canada..but I am not sure if just moving outside of Canada has any impact on PR card processing. Please confirm.

2. Can I give my friend/relative address for PR card delivery if I move out of Canada...Are there any legal implications if they send PR cards to me through international mail?
in theory - it is a federal crime to open mail addressed to someone else.

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi all...I posted photos to IRCC address (as mentioned in the COPR letter)....I tracked and it is delivered yesterday...any one here can please let me know will there be any acknowledgement from IRCC that they received the photos? or what would be the next steps and what is your experience after sending photos? Please share.
Also can one look for job once they COPR or will they have to wait until they get PR card?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi all...I posted photos to IRCC address (as mentioned in the COPR letter)....I tracked and it is delivered yesterday...any one here can please let me know will there be any acknowledgement from IRCC that they received the photos? or what would be the next steps and what is your experience after sending photos? Please share.
Also can one look for job once they COPR or will they have to wait until they get PR card?
The only update you get is approved and sent mail with date. If it’s a new PR card don’t know steps for renewal

Reactions: JunedS