+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

miq

Oct 1, 2010
my renewal of pr card application decission made on 10 th November 2020.card printed in Dec 2020 and sent to etobicoke for inperson delivery because it was selected randomly for in person delivery to improve system. but inperson delivery not open because of covif 19. can't an officer make a video call to me and mail the card.......more then 6 months card is locked in their office...

• Wow
Reactions: Fadros and shashi_b

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who have recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country.

Thank you in advance.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who have recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country.

Thank you in advance.
Airlines may allow to board plane because they could not verify whether you are PR or WP holder. However, you will have to knowingly tell them inaccurate immigration status and this may have serious consequences.

I have never seen and don't know how CBSA will treat you after landing in Toronto.

Tanker

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on Jan 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

What if:
1. I leave Canada on COPR
2. Wait out the PR card outside Canada
3. Once the PR card arrives to my home address in Canada, someone will ship the PR card to me (to outside Canada).
4. Once I receive the PR card, I will fly back in to Canada with PR card without even applying for Permanent travel resident document.

Has anybody tried this before or have something to say about it, please do no hesitate to add. I just wanna see if this is a possibility, because Canadian immigration offices are closed due to Covid in many countries.

Reactions: Fadros

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
my renewal of pr card application decission made on 10 th November 2020.card printed in Dec 2020 and sent to etobicoke for inperson delivery because it was selected randomly for in person delivery to improve system. but inperson delivery not open because of covif 19. can't an officer make a video call to me and mail the card.......more then 6 months card is locked in their office...
I would email my MP in this situation.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on Jan 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

What if:
3. Once the PR card arrives to my home address in Canada, someone will ship the PR card to me (to outside Canada).
4. Once I receive the PR card, I will fly back in to Canada with PR card without even applying for Permanent travel resident document.

Has anybody tried this before or have something to say about it, please do no hesitate to add. I just wanna see if this is a possibility, because Canadian immigration offices are closed due to Covid in many countries.
It's possible but there are two risks that I can think of. The card getting lost in mail or your photos being rejected.

Reactions: Tanker and shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
It's possible but there are two risks that I can think of. The card getting lost in mail or your photos being rejected.
I was about to point the same issues. However, both the issues could be resolved as follows, considering that OP could spend considerable time outside Canada i.e. nearly 1 year.

1. In case PR card is lost in mail the solemn declaration can be sent via FAX and they will issue a new PR on same mailing address.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

2. In case of photo rejection, IRCC accept photos taken from outside Canada if it follows the photo specifications.

Last edited:

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Guys.

What if:

I have been doing exactly the same and now i am already in China WITHOUT a PR card in my hand.
One caveat would be that waiting for the pr card to be approved, waiting for the PR card to mail to your country would take a lot of time. I dont recommend you use this method if you are not like me, planning to stay outside of Canada for at least a year. If you are only planning for a small vacation for like a month, dont do this.

Reactions: Tanker

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I have been doing exactly the same and now i am already in China WITHOUT a PR card in my hand.
One caveat would be that waiting for the pr card to be approved, waiting for the PR card to mail to your country would take a lot of time. I dont recommend you use this method if you are not like me, planning to stay outside of Canada for at least a year. If you are only planning for a small vacation for like a month, dont do this.
Some of your friends or acquitances will mail the PR card to you or you took some mailbox with international mail forwarding service?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Some of your friends or acquitances will mail the PR card to you or you took some mailbox with international mail forwarding service?
I think this covid time. The unexpected delays you should better have ur PR card in wallet before making any plans

Reactions: Tanker

Nil_11

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Anyone applied for PRTD recently. I want to just know how long processing time for PRTD if you are applying from india

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Dont think about taking the international forwarding service option, that is way too risky. Ask someone you trust to receive it for you. A better way would be to ask someone who happens to travel to your country in the future to take the card and hand it to you in person. My friend who traveled to China last November is very lucky because I took his card with me on my trip and I will hand-deliver his card to him.

Reactions: Tanker and shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Anyone applied for PRTD recently. I want to just know how long processing time for PRTD if you are applying from india
Processing time is 4 weeks approximately. But currently the 2 way passport submission service has been suspended due to lockdowns, so, application will be approved but passport couldn't be sent for applying the PRTD visa sticker.

Please refer here for more details : https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates