+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

sunny_1994

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
i dont think its mainly labor they want. It is immigrants with money that they want. They want immigrants to bring all their fortune here, whether they work or not, they need to spend it in canada's economy. Otherwise this economy will collapse i suppose
Hello, that's true. But me as a CEC applicant I did not bring any money. In fact I earned and sent back to my home country. That's what most of my immigrant friends do.

Last edited:
Reactions: miq

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
i dont think its mainly labor they want. It is immigrants with money that they want. They want immigrants to bring all their fortune here, whether they work or not, they need to spend it in canada's economy. Otherwise this economy will collapse i suppose
Very well said "bring all their fortune here" . Indeed this is very true. The baby boomer didn't produce enough human capital here so, they need to import from other parts of world where it is available in abundance.

Truly speaking CRS does not matter much to IRCC. All it matters to them is Tax $ and any services fee the PR will pay e.g. Rent, Insurance etc. to fuel the economy.

PS : These are my personal views and are not meant to offend anyone.

Reactions: Fadros

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
every other office is processing PR card fast. why Etobicoke is so slow? 5 months are way too much for PR card processing. This is ruining all travel plans.
you should not travel during this pandemic.
if you still need it, there are ways to travel with COPR document

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
every other office is processing PR card fast. why Etobicoke is so slow? 5 months are way too much for PR card processing. This is ruining all travel plans.
i guess they have more application to process. why don't they send those applications to other offices thats the question

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
you should not travel during this pandemic.
if you still need it, there are ways to travel with COPR document
Ideally IRCC should not take 5-6 months to issue such a simple travel document i.e. PR card, because someone can have real unavoidable reasons to travel.

For PR holder from eTA eligible countries it may be easier but for others it is really inconvenient to secure a PRTD.

The bottomline is that, IRCC should act on PR card application as well, like the way they are doing other work e.g. issuing ITA, processing PR's, Work-permits and other miscellaneous applications.

If they can't processed mailed photo's then they should be innovative to use PR Portal.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I completely agree with you. It they can't work due to pandemic then they have following better ways to process :
A. Transfer the backlog of applications to offices such as Sydney, Niagara, Kitchener, London etc.
B. Or, Issue PR portal logins to upload a digital copy so that any other IRCC can process them.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I completely agree with you. It they can't work due to pandemic then they have following better ways to process :
A. Transfer the backlog of applications to offices such as Sydney, Niagara, Kitchener, London etc.
B. Or, Issue PR portal logins to upload a digital copy so that any other IRCC can process them.
I sent an email to etobicoke landing email id(From which got the COPR) and they replied that currently they are processing PR CARD applications which they received in November and they don't have any ETA for us.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I sent an email to etobicoke landing email id(From which got the COPR) and they replied that currently they are processing PR CARD applications which they received in November and they don't have any ETA for us.
They are processing November submission since ages. I think for past 2 months. The applicant who submitted in November 2020 received their card in end of April 2021.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I think the delay is mainly to avoid people travelling lolz. just kidding

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I think the delay is mainly to avoid people travelling lolz. just kidding
On a lighter note - The travel restrictions are only applicable for new PR who haven't received PR card and the others like Citizens/PR's with PR card/Work-permit/Study-permit holders are invincible from this pandemic effect?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
On a lighter note - The travel restrictions are only applicable for new PR who haven't received PR card and the others like Citizens/PR's with PR card/Work-permit/Study-permit holders are invincible from this pandemic effect?
True that what u know