+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I just realized that our COPR document was not signed by the Etobicoke officer, and I sent an email with the original COPR asking for the signed copy. Also last week I have applied for PR Card & SIN (Online), even OHIP (health card). For OHIP Service Ontario didn't ask me anything.
The question is do you think I will get SIN from Service Canada or do they come back to me asking signed COPR document?

I just sent an email to Etobicoke asking to issue a new COPR doc with Singed init.

Does anyone has experienced this before or anyone knows how long do they take to respond to email queries?

Thanks in advance for your comments & suggestion!
Wait, Signed ? what are you talking about ? No officer signs the CoPR document.

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi everyone!
email says: "Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo."
does it mean the previous requirement:
"
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

" is waived?
Still need to follow protocols unless you are uploading your photo on PR confirmation portal.

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Probably a dumb question, but there's no way for them to revoke/reject PR after sending the photos right? (I've already got the COPR issued). Is it safe to assume for all intents and purposes that I am a permanent resident?
Question is question, whether it is dumb or not. Once someone is landed (virtual lately), they become permanent resident right away. Applicant still need PR card as CoPR is valid for particular period and we need PR card to travel.
I understand in some cases, even if applicant have PR card, IF ANYONE makes complain about immigration fraud, IRCC might open case again and start investigating. But status of applicant will be still PR unless IRCC finds something wrong.

Patel3011

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
W
Received this reply to my webform yesterday.
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
What you have asked for ?

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Hello guys,

we need to send pictures for PR card that are taken within the last six months. my pictures were taken in the last week of November and i sent them in the middle of March. Given the lockdown due to pandemic, photo studios were closed and still closed at the moment in the GTA. Would they be asking for new pictures because in May 2021 my pictures will be more than 6 months old?

• Haha
Reactions: lakshgosain

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello guys,

we need to send pictures for PR card that are taken within the last six months. my pictures were taken in the last week of November and i sent them in the middle of March. Given the lockdown due to pandemic, photo studios were closed and still closed at the moment in the GTA. Would they be asking for new pictures because in May 2021 my pictures will be more than 6 months old?
I think that should be fine.

ShanikaR

Mar 6, 2021
Finally, we received the PR cards today. It took almost 6 months.
Oct 28, virtual landing.
Nov 10, pictures and copr sent to Etobicoke office.
Apr 12 ghost update
Apr 19 card approved and mailed
Apr 22 cards received in the regular mail from Sydney office.

good luck to everyone...
Hi, Did you see your ghost update in the same PR application or in the linked application to the PR cards?

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
I am unable to link my PR card application to my account. If anyone can help me on how to do it?
I sent my CoPR and pictures via Canada Post and they were delivered to the Etobicoke office on April 1, 2021.
Thanks!

ShanikaR

Mar 6, 2021
Can anyone please let me know, where can we see a ghost update for the PR card? Is that in the PR application or the Linked application for the photos?

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I am unable to link my PR card application to my account. If anyone can help me on how to do it?
I sent my CoPR and pictures via Canada Post and they were delivered to the Etobicoke office on April 1, 2021.
Thanks!
Make sure you enter all the info like name, place of birth etc exactly the same as it is on your passport. Also, when it asks for the date you became PR, put the date you got approved in your CIC account, not the date you got your COPR. That’s what I was doing wrong and when I changed the date to my approval date it worked!

T14

Apr 9, 2020
W
What you have asked for ?
Hi, It is now well past the 92 days processing time since I applied for my first Permanent Residency card. I am also having problems using the emailed CoPR letter I received to get a bank account or start a job as it doesn’t have bar codes on it and they say they will only accept a PR card.