+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

GMcD

Mar 31, 2021
Hello,

has anybody’s COPR been made expired after sending in Letter and Photo to the etobicoke office for the PR Card?

Letter and photo were delivered (post office tracking) on the Friday 19th. COPR was made expired on the 26th on profile homepage.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hello,

has anybody’s COPR been made expired after sending in Letter and Photo to the etobicoke office for the PR Card?

Letter and photo were delivered (post office tracking) on the Friday 19th. COPR was made expired on the 26th on profile homepage.
I am hearing this for the first time.

If I understood correctly, earlier the expiry date was set to some date in future but after receiving the photos they expired the CoPRs?
The CoPR is usually linked to the expiry date of medical test.

GMcD

Mar 31, 2021
I am hearing this for the first time.

If I understood correctly, earlier the expiry date was set to some date in future but after receiving the photos they expired the CoPRs?
The CoPR is usually linked to the expiry date of medical test.
Exactly. COPR was due to expire in a year March 2022.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
This looks bit strange to me.

Please call them immediately on 1 888 242 2100 and make them rectify this.

I am unsure whether Service Canada and Service Ontario will accept expired CoPR.

Reactions: GMcD

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019

I am unsure whether Service Canada and Service Ontario will accept expired CoPR.
They don't care. There's no expiry date written on the new COPRs issued by email. Because you are already landed. You can use them for 1 year from date of issue.

GMcD

Mar 31, 2021

Is rectifying it something they can do?

Nov 28, 2020
I have sent the following query :

Good Day!

I have sent the photos for my PR card to local visa office at Etobicoke. The tracking information at Canada Post shows that package has been delivered, please refer the tracking information here : <<>>

I would appreciate, if you could spare a few moments to provide information about current status of my PR card application : Application#
I have received the following response. Delivered the photos as per canda post on Nov 17.
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you provided and your photographs are not available in the system yet.
Your photographs will be processed according to the date of reception.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Tough to get through. What do you mean by “legacy”?
Legacy means the old way of issuing COPR, where applicant had to do actual landing by exiting from Canada and coming back.

The new type of CoPR document already says that from the date of issue applicant is Permanent resident of Canada, therefore, CoPR expiry date shown in the portal may be misleading.

@Nousernamesadface - I hope my above explanation is correct?

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Legacy means the old way of issuing COPR, where applicant had to do actual landing by exiting from Canada and coming back.

The new type of CoPR document already says that from the date of issue applicant is Permanent resident of Canada, therefore, CoPR expiry date shown in the portal may be misleading.

@Nousernamesadface - I hope my above explanation is correct?
That is also my best understanding.