+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
processing time isn't accurate, at least for Etobicoke office. my package (new card) was delivered on Nov 9, 2020 and I haven't gotten AOR yet. I think since we (Toronto) entered the lockdown in November last year they decided to stop checking the mailroom. I don't understand why they keep asking people to mail photos if there's no ETA to when the office will resume printing those cards again.
As long as we have stupid provincial govt, it will take a while as only 25% staff is allowed in premises. On the other hand visa officials now taking advantage of Covid-19 pandemic by ignoring physical applications like PR card.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks!

I have linked my PR card application, but it doesn't show this kind of status. The current status is "submitted" and other stages shown are similar to eAPR application e.g. Review of eligibility etc.
Same for me too.

Yes. PR card timeline would be like this :
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on XXXX
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on XXXX
  3. We started processing your application on XXXX
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on XXXX
Where can we see this?

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I did that and they have given a generic reply i.e. Due to Covid processing time is longer than usual etc.

Did you send them an email?
Yes today I did. If they will receive emails from thousand of applicants for same issue. They might consider opening parcels.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Yes today I did. If they will receive emails from thousand of applicants for same issue. They might consider opening parcels.
I hopeso, Toronto is likely to enter in Grey zone from current lockdown, so they may have more people working from office.

They should allow digital photo submission as well to expedite the process. This will atleast remove one step to manually open the envelope and scan the photo.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I hopeso, Toronto is likely to enter in Grey zone from current lockdown, so they may have more people working from office.

They should allow digital photo submission as well to expedite the process. This will atleast remove one step to manually open the envelope and scan the photo.
So far, only those who were issued COPRs via the PR confirmation portal are allowed to submit digital photos.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
They are playing with applicants.
True.
PR confirmation portal - waiting for credentials, long wait on COPR = no PR status, faster (?) PR card.
IRCC account - COPR within the day after approval = PR status right away, long wait on PR card.

I know someone who got COPR end of Jan in the PR confirmation portal and got PR card this week - Etobicoke.

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
True.
PR confirmation portal - waiting for credentials, long wait on COPR = no PR status, faster (?) PR card.
IRCC account - COPR within the day after approval = PR status right away, long wait on PR card.

I know someone who got COPR end of Jan in the PR confirmation portal and got PR card this week - Etobicoke.
They should have asked for digital photos from everyone in this pandemic. Federal government is being so dumb lately. On the other side, provincial govt is now overreacting on this Covid-19 thing..

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
They should have asked for digital photos from everyone in this pandemic. Federal government is being so dumb lately. On the other side, provincial govt is now overreacting on this Covid-19 thing..
Yes!!!

Where the whole PR process is digital then it is illogical to instruct to mail photos to a closed unattended mail room. They should think that the applicants may also have some personal priorities or urgency.

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Anyone fit any updates? I send my Photos on Jan 13, 2021. Haven’t heard anything yet!

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Still waiting in Toronto, COPR end of Nov, photos sent off early December.
Emailed, and they replied saying they have my photo and documents, but no other info or proper ETA.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Still waiting in Toronto, COPR end of Nov, photos sent off early December.
Emailed, and they replied saying they have my photo and documents, but no other info or proper ETA.
You got this info on webform response or you have received some email from Etobicoke office directly?