+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Deb23

May 5, 2023
Hello Friends,

I applied for Canadian Experience Class PR from Quebec with a letter of intention to move out of Quebec after receiving my PR as my employer is in Toronto and I am currently staying temporarily in Montreal, with a Quebec address.

Quick question, I got a Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) email from IRCC Etobicoke 2 days ago asking for the following details within a week.

- In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card. In the portal there are two steps:

step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a requirement to become a permanent resident and
step 2: submitting a photo and a Canadian address is a requirement to receive your permanent resident card.

Has anyone given a Quebec address for receiving the first PR Card
? Please let me know. If not what are my options in this situation?
Is it okay if I give my employer's address in Toronto to receive my PR Card or I can use the Quebec address for this purpose? Would this create any issues?

Thank you for your help.

N.S
You will need to provide a residential address. So your office address may not be acceptable.

Suroy

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you very much! I was able to link it and under Final decision it says ”Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once a final decision has been made“ but I don’t see any date next to this. Is this GU1 or will GU1 come with a date on this line?
Okay, if you see it's application in progress it's most probably GU1. Just wait for a day or so it will turn to approve.

mmg_024

May 12, 2023
Received my pr card yesterday

eCoPR: June 2
Linked pr card application: June 5
GU 1: July 24
GU 2: July 28, Application approved and card mailed out
Aug 3: Received pr card

Deb23

May 5, 2023
Thank you. Do you know what would be the best course of action to take on this context.
Since your application was approved based on your QUEBEC address, so it means they accepted your INTENTIONS to LIVE OUTSIDE Quebec. So, you can just put your current mailing address. This is just to receive your PR CARD...and may not have any impact on your PR Application Approval. If they had concerns, they would have asked you before approving your application.

noospirit

Jun 10, 2015
Since your application was approved based on your QUEBEC address, so it means they accepted your INTENTIONS to LIVE OUTSIDE Quebec. So, you can just put your current mailing address. This is just to receive your PR CARD...and may not have any impact on your PR Application Approval. If they had concerns, they would have asked you before approving your application.
Thank you so much Deb. The application profile in cic still shows its processing and the date of 1st August. So I don't know what does that mean. That's why I was debating on Quebec vs Ontario address?
Thanks again for your response.
NS

Suroy

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you very much! I was able to link it and under Final decision it says ”Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once a final decision has been made“ but I don’t see any date next to this. Is this GU1 or will GU1 come with a date on this line?
Yes if get GU 1 then you will be able to see the date.