+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
How long PRTD takes normally? Can I travel after applying for PR Card. Need to travel for 6 weeks & PRTD can be applied only from outside Canada. I have multiple entry business visa valid till 2023. Does the business visa automatically gets cancelled after PR approval? Means, I can't use that to reenter Canada & only options are either PR card or PRTD.
I did read that other status gets invalidated after getting PR, but I didn't find any reference from IRCC on this.

In my case IRCC had approved my PR first then they have also approved my closed work permit application after 3 weeks, I am unsure why they did like that?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I did read that other status gets invalidated after getting PR, but I didn't find any reference from IRCC on this.

In my case IRCC had approved my PR first then they have also approved my closed work permit application after 3 weeks, I am unsure why they did like that?
Man they are so random. Don't worry about it, let's just hang in there till we get citizenship and don't have to deal with this anymore, lol.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Reactions: Fadros and shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Reactions: Zeph99

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Today, I received the following response on my Webform enquiry :

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Does that mean that have received my photos? I have sent them on Jan 14 2021.

Reactions: Fadros

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Today, I received the following response on my Webform enquiry :

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Does that mean that have received my photos? I have sent them on Jan 14 2021.
Ohh wow.hope they start the process..I sent on same date and waiting but no update yet

Reactions: shashi_b

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I sent photos on 3rd November at etobicoke office.
I called the ircc agent today, they said my photos got approved and sent for card printing 2 days back.After that I signed in to the account, and found a ghost update ..
Fingers crossed !
So finally someone from another thread is saying they started working on his pr card ( Etobicoke - photos delivered by regular mail on 3rd of November ).

They will be fast once they ramp up, scanning photos is not a lengthy process.
Exactly. My photos were delivered exactly 4 months after this guy ( 3rd of March), and if I get my card by July, I would be happy.
I'm usually not the most optimistic person when it comes to IRCC, but I do have a feeling that cards/ghost updates will start pouring in. hopefully.